Bypass EFM Error and a 2 sheep burner

If you have a 2 sheep burner and forget to uncheck the Bypass EFM Error in Alcohol 120%, does that make the backup not 1:1, even if it works?

No

If it doesnt work then obviously you know that its not a 1:1 backup. I havnt found a scenario where leaving it enabled creates a coaster. It is similar to the AWS function in Clone CD which is there to aid those without a “2 sheep burner” create a backup of Safedisc 2 protected games. Many people say that using AWS for a drive which does correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns creates a coaster. This isnt the case for me with my Lite-On (im not saying use AWS if you have a “2 sheep burner” cos thats stupid :slight_smile: ). Maybe FP can shed some more light on this as he is one of the people who gest a coaster when using AWS on a “2 sheep burner”.
FP - Does the Bypass EFM error function also give you a coaster?

I asked this because I just purchased my first Lite-On 48246S and was testing it out on NFS:HP2, which uses SafeDisk 2.80.010. I wasn’t able to do a working backup with my other drives(Plextor) before and was so excited that I just picked the SafeDisk 2 profile without unchecking the EFM Error. But the game works great!

Originally posted by Bulk
FP - Does the Bypass EFM error function also give you a coaster?
Depends on burner and app. CloneCD + Lite-On > yes; other combinations > not yet

Edit:

SD2: Lite-On + AWS don’t work in any of my devices but I have not tested this since v4019

Originally posted by FutureProof
Depends on burner and app. CloneCD + Lite-On > yes; other combinations > not yet
Do the “coasters” work in the burner? Or is it just the Toshiba they wont play from. I ask this because my Lite-On makes a workable copy with either AWS enabled or disabled. The thing is that I dont have a Toshiba reader to test the game. Only a couple of Plextors, a LG combo, a LG DVD-Rom and the Lite-On itself. A backup would work in all of these drives with or without AWS or equivalent. For proper backing up I would allways disable AWS or Bypass EFM error but when playing around with the software I dont seem to be able to create a “Total Coaster” if you know what I mean. :slight_smile: