BWA File for Hitman Contracts?

vbimport

I tried copying this game but it didn’t work with Clone CD and Alcohol 120. I read a thread about using Clone CD or Alcohol with making a .bwa file through blindwrite to make a copy and not have to use emulation.

Does anyone have the bwa file for Hitman 3 Contracts b/c I don’t know how to make one or can someone explain how I can copy this game cd? Thanks

There is an excellent guide somewhere around here about copying the new (v. 4/5) SecuRom versions and making bwa’s.

Anyway, I can send you the bwa I made – which is working for me. I just sent it off to another member, and I’m waiting to hear back if it worked for him.

To be honest I’m not sure how good my bwa’s are, but this much I can tell you – I have bought many games with the new SecuRom (such as Max Payne 2, UT 2004, Manhunt, Hitman 3 etc) and have been able to make a working backup of every one.

PM me with your email address if you’re interested and I will hook you up.

Try portmacs website, he may have it.

BTW, this is also in the wrong forum.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by grunjee
[B]There is an excellent guide somewhere around here about copying the new (v. 4/5) SecuRom versions and making bwa’s.

Anyway, I can send you the bwa I made – which is working for me. I just sent it off to another member, and I’m waiting to hear back if it worked for him.

[/B]

Him is a her :wink: :wink: and it works flawlessly…thanks again…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Originally posted by m@rin@
Him is a her :wink: :wink: and it works flawlessly…thanks again…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

so what did u do to burn the game? i have the bwa file and tried the 8x one that he sent and had cdclone write an image with the regular game profile and then loaded twinpeaks and used the bwa file to patch and then used clone cd to write the patched image to a blank cd. however, it got to 90 some percent and then failed and said that there was an illegal action and something didn’t work.

did u do this same method or did you use alcohol or the 4x bwa file or what?

Originally posted by m@rin@

Ooops, I’m sorry I just assumed you were a guy… <blush>

Glad to hear it worked… I sent off the bwa to a second forum member and hopefully it will work for him/her.

wow wait you are telling me that there are women on the internet? and I’ve been going to bars all this time? :slight_smile:

Not to clutter the thread, but I might have to quit my day job – I’ve been getting so many requests for the bwa… I just hope it works for everyone.

Originally posted by grunjee
Not to clutter the thread, but I might have to quit my day job – I’ve been getting so many requests for the bwa… I just hope it works for everyone.

i think i sent u an email - can u explain how you did it with alcohol? I tried the clonecd method and using twinpeaks with the 8x bwa but it didn’t work when i was burning the image.

what did you do with alcohol (did you use securerom new or securerom new 4.x/5.x setting) and did you save the image as a .ccd? i’d really like to get this to work and don’ tknow which bwa file to use or how to do this without a writing error.

Mine worked.
CloneCD, your BWA, along with alc120% Secruom NEW, Plextor Premium

Originally posted by tempnexus
Mine worked.

so you wrote a cd image with the game profile in CloneCD and didn’t change any settings then you used twinpeaks and a bwa to patch the image and then used alcohol 120% with securerom New and it works? can you try using the game in something other than that plextor writer?

in alcohol did you use secureom *new or securerom *new 4.x/5.x b/c my alcohol software lists both. plus, did you get a “cannot make 1:1 copies” message when u burned with alcohol?

any other tips so i can get mine to work? it won’t burn it says there is an error (maybe what twinpeaks/bwa adds to the image is messing it up) or it’s just not burning right

Originally posted by tempnexus
Mine worked.

If you have a Plex Premium you should just be able to use BlindWrite and do a straight copy.

Dumped with acl120% Securom NEw (NOT 4/5), dumped it as clonecd image and not the alc image. Then used your .bwa and used twinpeaks to make the fixed image. Then I named your .bwa to the same name as my image to be burned and then just pointed my alc120% to the fixed clonecd image and burnt it at 8x with securom new (NOT 4/5) clicking on the recommended setting (it pops up telling you something…I forgot).

yes it plays in Plex premium and my litey 811s

oh but just b/c it plays in plex premium it probalby won’t play in my standard IBM thinkpad laptop (it’s a toshiba burner i believe).

when i did the burning though i check the securom 4.x/5.x not the regular one so maybe that had something to do with it.

and when u say it works you mean you don’t have to do the emulation thing right?

Well it plays in LItey 811s, Litey 52X CDRW, PlexPremium etc. And yes no emulation whatsoever…at least not known to me…no Alc120% is not running in the background.

My backup also works in both of my LiteOn drives… which is cool because I’m used to only using my DVD-rom [not my CDRW – Safedisc and the ATIP thing]. I’m guessing SecuRom doesn’t use ATIP??? No complaints here.

And a little off topic: I’ve sent my bwa for Hitman Contracts to a few more people and still, everyone who has emailed me has said it’s worked for them.

We’ve got 2 Files:

File 1
File-extension: MDS
Uploader: Zio-N-eO
Region: USA
Date: 04/26/2004 20:34

Download:
http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/Dpm.Download/708

File 2
File-extension: MDS
Uploader: Merek
Region: Germany and United Kingdom
Date: 04/27/2004 19:17

Download:
http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/Dpm.Download/710

Maybe it’s useful and you can convert it into BWA-format.

Downloaded both

Good try but two of the worst bwa files ive ever seen…

Curve should be smooth…far too many spikes

there are as of now 5 mds files on

http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/EntryDetails.php?Id=2588&SoftwareCP=&SoftwareCPVersion=&SoftwareName=hitman%20contracts

which one to use? which is the best?

I already have an mdf image, all I need is a proper working mds file

I loaded them all in bwa builder 5, they look all the same to me. I am really no expert on this. What is a good curve supposed to look like? Is it ok to use the “clean last loaded curve” function in bwa builder on mds files?

A good BWA curve should look a bit like this, the pic in my post. The less spikes you have the more of a chance it will work.

Just remember if you have made an .MDF image you will have to use emulation to play the game.(RMPS). But if you make the image with the CloneCD format (.ccd, .sub and .img), you can download the BWA and then patch it with Twinpeaks. Then burn it with Alcohol.