BW5+liteon+farcryCD=bad copy :(

vbimport

Hey guys i made an image which works with Deamon tools with no emulation enabled but every time i burn it when i try to start the game with the copy cd i get Farcry cause an error dialog box! Am using my liteon dvd for playing the game (Original cd starts fine)

Am i doing someting wrong when am burning it? :confused:

I use BW tweaker and under basic options everything is unchecked and on automatic! Am not sure what to do for topology and advance settings so i left those on default!

Am reading and writing the image at 8x and am using the latest versions of BW and tweaker.

Thx for any info and tips :slight_smile:

well that is how it will only work with Daemon TOols…your burner may not be capable of making a ‘correct’ 1:1 …since i / we do not know your system specs; i / we can only speculate…also BlindWrite is having problems with SafeDisc versions 2.9 and higher in reading and writing…its only time that ‘they’ / ‘bW’ team throw out a stable release of Copy2Dvd and come back to the ‘real’ game!!! with BlindWrite stomping copy protections!!!

I have a lite on 52x24x52x burner and am trying to copy the cd version! I use the cdrw to read and write the image!

well here are the facts of ‘our fair-use’:

your drive has the ability to make a ‘backup’. However, to have it play in every drive that you own is the ‘cat and mouse’ game we ‘freaks’ play when a new protection scheme is introduced. For you; SafeDisc 3.20.022 on FarCry is the latest one the market. Meaning that SafeDisc’s code is designed to hinder/disable a cdrw drive’s ability (which was manufactured months and years ago; cdrw drive that is) to make that backup you/me/him/her desire. You have to know this; Software code is easier to change than Hardware. Your drive of its time of SafeDisc 2.51,2.60,2.70,2.80 and 2.90 can make a backup that will work in any cd/dvd rom drive. Thus, a 100% backup / 1:1 that we ‘freaks’ desire are achieved. The latest drive from LiteOn 52x32x52 drive did not even have the ability to make a backup of 3.10 when it was released.

CloneCd introduced a ‘code’ that allowed a drive that was ‘unable’ to recognize some sectors. With that ability and in theory a drive that could not burn SafeDisc game the chance it desired. Nevertheless, cdrw drives were not in their prime of existence; speed wise that is. In fact, a cdrw drive would be introduced every ‘so-months’ being faster and with certain tests then would distinguished if the drive was competitor against protections. Thus, BlindWrite has introduced that same feature ‘Ehance Weak Sectors’; however, in the latest release of BlindWrite; IT DOES NOT WORK.

I have the Plextor Premium drive. The drive only has the ability to make a ‘correct’ backup of SafeDisc 2.80.040; anything above like FarCry 3.20.022 will create a picky disc…which will only play in my Plextor 24x10x40a drive and NOT in my Samsung52x cdrom, Creative 52x cdrom, Asus cdrw. Should i be content; that is for me to discover. For you i direct you to this link.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93131

We all thank you for the burning lession. I think his question was only asking if someone had created a working backup and if so how. The propper response would have been, “No, I have not been able to with your drive”.

have the Plextor Premium drive. The drive only has the ability to make a ‘correct’ backup of SafeDisc 2.80.040; anything above like FarCry 3.20.022 will create a picky disc…which will only play in my Plextor 24x10x40a drive and NOT in my Samsung52x cdrom, Creative 52x cdrom, Asus cdrw. Should i be content; that is for me to discover. For you i direct you to this "

I was under the impression that the Plextor would only copy securom properly, not safedisc at all even if it plays in its own cd player…is this with safedisc?

yes that is true…iam only discussing SafeDisc…any SecuRom title which ever version started out with ‘density’ then Plextor Premium has it beat…SafeDisc is whooping ass still…we need to send that protection back to Hollywood…and when that happens ill be shopping at Tiffany & Co.

@ Mister NemoTheGreat.

I think the answer given was suitable to the question asked. If you read it properly, you would have realized that wakemonkeypimp was in fact able to make a working copy of Farcry which works only on certain of his drives, but it does work. He also explained that making a copy is really hardware dependant and that hearing of someone else making a working copy with the same model/make of hardware would not help you anyway, because it is a drive to drive thing and not a matter of using proper settings with any single model or make. Thus answering the question by stating that it does no good to ask the question. If the same settings were used as someone esle that had success, there is still no high probability that a working copy will ensue.

That is a much better answer than…“No, I didnt”, because it helps someone explain why he possibly having problems.

greetz
kid185

So far it seems the only burner that comes close to a copy of farcry its plextor premium correct?

there are thousands of cdrom/cdrw/dvd drives on the market; just because it didnt work in your cdrw it does not stop that backup from being played in some other device; just got to have access to those drives. how i look at it; its a 50/50. It may or may not work; just need more drives to test how and what type of chipset is being used. Think of the drives being bi-lingual in which one drive is fluent in languages than others; knowing how to correct certain ECC/EDC errors that are presented in SafeDisc.

with my plextor premium i can only get a backup that can be read from my Plex P, Plex 24x, Plex 8x and Asus 5224a cdrw…as you can see its only cdrw drives i can get it to work in.