bW5 an *eWs* issue...please read

well iam off on another ‘’’‘unofficial review’’’’ to see if bW’s EWS will help out my LiteOn combo LTC-48161H drive

this is what i’ve found:::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

game tested is NFS: Underground SD2.90.040

program used: bW5+v1.4.1 tweaker NO AUTOPLAY

read w/ Plextor Premium fw1.04
wrote w/ LiteOn LTC-48161H fw KH0M eWs/Enhance Weak Sectors

System w/ bW5 and bW4 installed games acts in this way:
1)LiteOn 48161H plays
2)Plextor Premium plays
3)Samsung Cdrom plays

System without bW game acts in this way:
1)Hival cdrw does not play…tmp error is present
2)Plextor 8/4/32 does not play/ CPSS hangs system…correct cd reminder is present after manual ejection

CPSS copy protection splash screen
CloneCd tray was in use to test backups

seems that eWs has an issue at correcting the ‘weak sectors’ in SD2.9 and will affect future protection versions…

Have you tried to uninstall the Patin Coffin drivers and maybe also to completely uninstall blindwrite v5 and look if the games then still work in your system.

Because I think that the drives you tested may only be damn bad in reading EWS-Copies.

i have also ran a test using Clonecd 4.3.1.7 with the LiteOn drive and the game now runs from the Plextor 8/4/32a drive but the Hival drive shows no response…do not want to post configuration since this is a BW forum and i want BW to succeed not Clonecd…also a clean system should not have problems playing a backup with eWs…eWs is not emulation by what ive been told…just need to get the word about what is going on and see if any others have the same problems…

nevertheless, if i switch the drives at writing…ie…Plextor Premium gives same results…so it just might be a flaw or iam too much of a drunk trying to work heavy machinery…

program used: bW5+v1.4.1 tweaker NO AUTOPLAY

System without bW game acts in this way:
1)Hival cdrw does not play…tmp error is present
2)Plextor 8/4/32 does not play/ CPSS hangs system…correct cd reminder is present after manual ejection

This is not surprising since you said you burned it WITHOUT AUTO-PLAY, if the is the case look at the system you used to test the no auto-play you used a system and only cdrws, you have to hide the ATIP when you use a back-up up in your cdrw’s.

@kamikazee:

this is not completely true: because you only get a tmp error if you already bypassed the ATIP-check.
If you fail the ATIP-Check you get: “Please insert the right CD-ROM and restart the game”.

What you said is, of course, true for the Plex CD-RW drive but the other CD-RW drive: he or she got a tmp error.

Btw. he or she could try the same copy with the use of CloneCD’s Hide CD-R which is also available if trial is already out of left days.

i have also ran a test using Clonecd 4.3.1.7 with the LiteOn drive and the game now runs from the Plextor 8/4/32a drive
Thats because the clone tray is running in the background at all times, even if you disable it thru their tray it is still running and will until you go into msconfig and shut it down. So to test your clonecd version again go to msconfig and then the startup tab and shut down the clonetray that way restart and see if the back-up still works in the plex. my guess is it may not.

If he is not hiding the atip then the copy will not work in cdrw’s at all, no where in his testing on the clean system does he say he is using anything to hide the atip, so we know the back-up will not work.

CCtray boasts emulation behind it even when Hide cdr media is enabled…the hival drive is 2x2x24 which does not read ATIP so it is a normal cdrom drive…

for the PP drive i use Plextools to hide ATIP…

Yes, it does but not if you have not burnt the CD with CloneCD (CloneCDs emulate weak sectors) at least for CloneCD you can choose what you want.

But to use PlexTools to Hide ATIP is possible too.

but it seems that wether ignore,amplify,or emulate is chosen …i have only made copies with ignore and amplify the game will run in any drive if CCtray is ON

hmm really?

strange…

Anyway I normally have always turned off CloneCD Tray…

here is the kicker!!!
!!!

1. Plex tools vr 2.07
  2. CCtray vr 4.3

test drive Plextor Premium fw 1.04

1. .tmp error
  2. game starts

backup created with LiteOn Combo and ignore weak sectors and thats what happens…CC is emulating either in the write phase and/or in CCtray

either in the write phase and/or in CCtray

not either, it needs to be the and:

it need to do both, because otherwise the CCD-Tray cannot know how the right sectors look like.

well then its a double standard…where it should just Hide the ATIP its emulating also…which is not correct at acheiving a true 1:1…only Plex Tools is a ATIP hider

truely,

but alcohol has hide-atip only too…
also D-Tools if you use Daemon-Script.

But anyway as said I have always turned CCD-Tray off.

here is an update to bW5 's eWs:::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Game----Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hours SD2.9

Software------bW5 + 1.4.1 R!co Tweaker (alcohol 1.4.7.1005 for hide cdr media)

Hardware-----Plextor 8/4/32a drive

Test Drives—(1)Plextor 8/4/32a and (2)Hival 2x2x24

eWs----ON

Autoplay—oFF

used a bW4 image and its verification to find the weak sectors: they were present…burnt with bW5 at maximum speed (8x)…

1-game displays .tmp error

2-game displayes .tmp error

here is another update to bW4 's eWs::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Game----Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hours SD2.9

Software------bW4 (alcohol 1.4.7.1005 for hide cdr media)

Hardware-----Plextor 8/4/32a drive

Test Drives—(1)Plextor 8/4/32a and (2)Hival 2x2x24

eWs----ON

Autoplay—oFF

used a bW4 image and its verification to find the weak sectors: they were present…burnt with bW4 at maximum speed (8x)…

1-game PLAYS

2-CPSS screen disappears and game does not start

Originally posted by ghost_zero5
[B]not either, it needs to be the and:

it need to do both, because otherwise the CCD-Tray cannot know how the right sectors look like. [/B]

I am quoting myself now because I tested it… burned AWS copy with CloneCD and CloneCD-Hide-CD-R on, doesn’t give me a working copy in this one drive as it is without Hide-CD-R in this one drive…

Well it is this stupid Toshiba SD-R2102 combo notebook drive and this drive is really bad in reading AWS-copies.