BW4.5.7.92 SD2.9 *theres a problem Lapinou*

i have the Plextor Premium and LiteOn 48x cdrw/dvd drive…and the read engine on BlindRead does not detect the weak sectors of SD2.9…

any later version of safedisc 2.8 and below …weak sectors are detected, verified, and in the burn log…however, when i rip a SD2.9 game there is a happy face next to weak sectors…ie…stating none are present when the image is verified!!!

Lapinou can you release a quick update…would like to test out this new LiteOn drive i purchased…in advance THANKS and keep on kickin ass

um good luck with that…both blindread and alc 120 do not detect weak sectors with sd2.9…no matter the drive…i have the premium and the new 52327s liteon and the new 48x dvd/cdrw drive you have…

i beleive its a limitation of the drives…i can still get the backups to work on most of my drives(liteons do a better job than the premium for safedisk 2.9)…but not all…hence my toshiba laptop drive will not run any backed up safedisk2.9 discs.

also the latest version of the beta 4.9.9.102 i believe still has problems with sd2.9 on my laptop drive but its a toshiba so im not holding my breath on it ever reading these backups.

the game iam trying to backup is Medal of Honor Breakthrough…i have updated to firmware 1.04 and then back to 1.03 and still no success…,you got me stumped!!!

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
the game iam trying to backup is Medal of Honor Breakthrough…i have updated to firmware 1.04 and then back to 1.03 and still no success…,you got me stumped!!!

1.04 will back it up fine so will your dvd/rw drive i have the same one…breakthrough uses sd2.9 so download alchoholer and chooses safedisk 2.9x on the settings of it (doesnt matter where you execute it from) and just start blindread and blindwrite from alchoholer…it will set all the settings up for you for safedisk 2.9. i would suggest you use the liteon with sd2.9 with the 4.5.7 version of Blindwrite.

if you can get the beta version (you can if you got a email with a key and your registered). the newest beta 4.9.9.102 will back it up with automatic settings all you have to do is read and write with that version…works great…look at top post for download link.
and the beta version works great with 1.04 firmware and the plex premium.

Slow down your read and write to 4X, see if that doesn’t make a difference, When I burn safedisc I usually stick to 4X so far my plextor premium will do Safedisc both with and with out autoplay. Slow it down and be patient.

with the new blindwrite beta 4.9.9.102 i do sd2.9 at 8x using autosettings works perfect on the plex premium useing 1.04 firmware.

problem with version .102 is that Autoplay is still being used…and i dont want emulation my hardware is capable of burning SD2.9…but when the read engine in Blindread does not detect those weak sectors it WILL NOT burn them…also lowering the read speed WILL NOT help either…

problem with version .102 is that Autoplay is still being used…and i dont want emulation my hardware is capable of burning SD2.9…but when the read engine in Blindread does not detect those weak sectors it WILL NOT burn them…also lowering the read speed WILL NOT help either…

did you try alc 120 i beleive it will do backups of sd2.9 without any emulation but not sure on the weak sectors though…also you can use the blindwrite tweaker for version 5 and turn off autoplay i beleive…as far as weak sectors are you sure safedisk 2.9 uses them still?

Will the newest Litey 52/32 backup the latest s.d 2.9 without autoplay?

Originally posted by IamThebathroom

ive gotten it to work using alc 120 never tried blindwrite without autoplay but i wouldnt see why not. I havent tried it yet though without autoplay and bw5.
Im still having problems using the tweaker 1.2 with it im not sure if the tweaker has to be in the same directory or what but when i change topology for example from automatic it seems not to record the image with it.

Remember though with 2.9 not all drives will work without emulation i dont care what program your using. ie my toshi laptop cdrom wont work (ie play) without autoplay but thats a worse case drive. and having autoplay in the burned image doesnt seem to hurt anything (ie it still worked on a computer that didnt have autoplay and only had a cdr drive).

With Safedisc you should not have to use auto-play unless you are trying to play the back-up in a cdrw. I don’t have the 52 to test with yet, it will be here tomorrow. I haven’t had to use Autoplay with the plextor premium, 48125W or 32123S for a safedisc title as long as I use a regular CD/DVD rom to run the back-up from.

i hope for to Lapinou respond…its not an issue of the protection being passed…there is a flaw in the READ ENGINE of Blindread…i dont give a damn about other programs…Breakthrough is different no matter if i rip the game at 4x, or 8x, nor 16x i still get the same results…iam having ‘Giovanni’ help me with this…since his PP drive can rip Devastation which is a SD2.9 game properly…dont know if its the game or what…LAPINOU where are you??

dont yall ever verify your image???

Breakthrough is different no matter if i rip the game at 4x, or 8x, nor 16x i still get the same results

I have not found a diffence yet, the title is not a problem to back up with the premium. 4.5.7.92 works just fine.

Your talking 4.9.9.102?

problem with version .102 is that Autoplay is still being used
Then you will have to use the tweaker to turn auto-play off, and yes it should work.

we will not change anything in the V4 version now.

No, it will not. I tried to find that out so I bought this drive earlier this day and I tested the drive. It seems that the only way to produce working copies is with the autoplay feature on. The drive sucks at it just like all other models (I’m not sure for the combo drives).

Sorry to let you knwo, but knowing now is better than when you bought the drive :confused:

Originally posted by kamikazee
With Safedisc you should not have to use auto-play unless you are trying to play the back-up in a cdrw. I don’t have the 52 to test with yet, it will be here tomorrow. I haven’t had to use Autoplay with the plextor premium, 48125W or 32123S for a safedisc title as long as I use a regular CD/DVD rom to run the back-up from.

yes of course with a regular cd rom drive you wouldnt need the emulation…im talking about playback in cdrw drives which most persons have now days since they are just as cheap as regular cdr drives.

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]No, it will not. I tried to find that out so I bought this drive earlier this day and I tested the drive. It seems that the only way to produce working copies is with the autoplay feature on. The drive sucks at it just like all other models (I’m not sure for the combo drives).

Sorry to let you knwo, but knowing now is better than when you bought the drive :confused: [/B]

i havent tried the liteys with the latest version of bw5 beta…i wouldnt say the drive sucks though…the premium may be the best bet though…at least im getting good results with it.

as far as not reading the weak sectors im not sure what your problem is wake but also i dont see a problem with autoplay…whats it hurt to add that to the image?

Originally posted by lapinou
we will not change anything in the V4 version now.

your latest beta 102 is great thanks lapinou! any backup that works in my toshi drive is most welcomed!

[B]i hope for to Lapinou respond…its not an issue of the protection being passed…there is a flaw in the READ ENGINE of Blindread…i dont give a damn about other programs…Breakthrough is different no matter if i rip the game at 4x, or 8x, nor 16x i still get the same results…iam having ‘Giovanni’ help me with this…since his PP drive can rip Devastation which is a SD2.9 game properly…dont know if its the game or what…LAPINOU where are you??

dont yall ever verify your image??? [/B]

what tool do you use to verify yours with? Ill try the same thing and see if i have the same problem. but your right with 4.5.7 i do not get any weak sectors and with the premium drive i could never get good copies from it…maybe the new beta fixes it…the log is different so i cant really tell if it detected the weak sectors.

The hurt is that I want to use the backup without any burning software installed. My backup has to run on my computer where there is no burner inside, so what is the use to get an image and having to install burnsoftware?