Bw & The Thing & Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza

For all you you blindwrite users out there i just wanted to add my to cents.

These are two games that Blindwrite won’t touch at all.

I have tried various options on and off but the copy’s made from blindwrite won’t run whatsoever!!!

The only thing that would copy them is Clone Cd for some reason.

I contacted tech support they told me it may be possible to get a good image file but over the last few months on and off I probably threw away around 50 blanks truying to copy this with blindwrite.

These games are a modiefied version of secure rom when you try to run the game the cdrom drive just blinks once or twice to check the authentisity of the disk.

If The checksums are correct it will run otherwise it just sits at the desktop.

If anyone has any idea’s as to why please enlighten me.

Greg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

both carry older versions of securom new pre 4.8 and are easily copied depending on your burner . what you got?what drive you playing copy in?
Are you reading subs option in blindwrite?
What version have you got?
I remember die hard title well as I too got through at least 50
cdrs as I discovered this newer version of securom new.
Its now very easy to copy and I am suprised if you are copying it with clone cd that blindwrite isnt as well?
Let me know answer to 3 questions above.

Originally posted by gzukowsky

These are two games that Blindwrite won’t touch at all.

I’m afraid that’s not the case which is good news for you. To illustrate something, that we’ve talked about at some length on the site, I’m listing a lot of SecuROM protected games and their version below.

Note that I’ve started this list with Die Hard and gone past The Thing to a well-known title. From [/i]Warcraft 3[/i] onwards, the reader must be a reliable and accurate subchannel reader. Any version up to and including The Thing can be defeated with conventional means, keeping in mind the subchannel issue. After The Thing, however, requires some adapted technology, for example, CloneCD + twinpeak, Alcohol120% + RPMS and of course Blindwrite and its .BWA Builder.

On the list of hard-to-do, Die Hard, with the original SecuROM version, rates dead easy.

Die Hard - Nakatomi Plaza :::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.0001
Le Mans 24 Hours :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::v-4.68.00.0001
Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002 v-4.68.00.0001
Cultures 2 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.0003
Nascar Racing 2002 Season :::::::::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.0044
Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos :::::::::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.4608 English
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (1.01) ::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.4678
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (1.02) ::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.4745
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (1.03) ::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.4982
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (1.04) ::::::::::::: v-4.68.00.5162
Lilo & Stitch ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.74.00.0001
Soccer Manager :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.74.00.0006
Etherlords ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.76.00.0001
Industry Giant 2 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.76.00.0009
Neverwinter Nights :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.76.00.0051
Alien V Predator 2: Primal Hunt ::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00 0002
Frontline Attack ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00 0004 Italian
Disciples II ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0001
Arx Fatalis :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0004 German
Farscape ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0004
Hotel Giant ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0012 UK
The Thing ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0029
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom :::::::::::: v-4.77.00.0050
Das Ding Aus Einer Anderen Welt :::::::::::::::: v-4.82.00.0038 German
Baldur’s Gate 2 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.82.00.0139
Neverwinter Nights (1.21) :::::::::::::::::::::::::: v-4.82.00.0139

My Burner is a Liteon 48246s, I made a Bwa file at 32x with absolutly no errors in the file whatsoever.

And also the answer is yes to the sub channel data being copyed.

I even tried it without copying the sub channel data with and without a Bwa files as well

Also the copy is run from a Liton Dvd 165 reader set as a Primary Master on the Second ide channel with Dma enabled.

At the modment it is set to Dma 2

The Strange thing is i have coped more diffcult titles in the past includeing this new release of max payne 2 with no problems just these two titles give me the problem.

Please give me some ryrme or reason as to why i cant copy it with blindwrite.

I have tryed older version never version ect even that version 4.25 which everone things is that cat’s meow to all the versions they have released to present.

Please tell me if i am having a stupid attack on my brain or what.

Thanks in advance Greg :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

bwa is not required for these titles at all so we can eliminate that!
you say you can copy the titles fine with clone cd?
As I remember in the past part of the problem with these titles was the ability to get a good read of subs/data correctly and if I remember the liteons had a problem in reading the data correctly
it took a new profile for liteons with clone cd to rectify this problem
However your issue is with blindwrite I confess I havent tried copying these titles using it but there should not be a problem and clearly there is.I would use your liteon dvd to read at a very slow speed reading subs with blindwrite x4.Perhaps your liteon writer is not burning correctly thesubs/data?
I have both these titles and a similar liteon dvd and writer I will give them a try over next 24 hrs and will let you know how I get on coping with blindwrite ok?

I tried what you sugested and read the disk on my liteon dvd reader at no faster thatn 4X with subchannels & wrote the image at no faster than 10X No luck still will not work but as i said before works perfect when i write the image with Clone CD go figure.

This is becomming a vendetta with me now and with the inexpesive price of blanks i really don’t care i just want to find out the answer.

Then of course they may be no logical answer.

And i know you said this did not need a bwa file but i wrote the image with and without it with no results

Btw reading a bwa file from these titles looks like to me what you would expect from titles like unreal 2, max payne 2 it give me a very nice sqaure wave when creating the file it is super clean that is why i thought i need one.

Most of the time if there is no data there blindwrite would tell you it is not needed but this case it look like later titles.
Below is the bwa file i had made.
Take a look at it your self to see if it does look like a modern sceam.

Just a thought Greg :confused: :confused:

hi back again sorry for the delay heres what ive so far concluded!
you are right there does appear to be a problem when trying to copy “die hard” using blindwrite version 4.5.7 cd check then nothing!!!
several coasters later and both my liteon and plextor premium
tried most annoying?
I like yourself successfully copied this using clone cd . Alcohol also copies it fine??
So for some unknown reason for a relatively easy securom
blinwrite fails us??
Didnt try it with auto play enabled on the copies however I wouldnt have thought these titles required it??
perhaps some higher techy than me can offer an explaination to why this is happening?
HOWEVER blindwrite 5 copies them fine !!!
work that one out??
heres to the new release lapinou seems a great product
try it out gzukowsky when its generally released very soon.
regards logicwatch.:smiley:

Hmm that is very insteresting as to why blindwrite 5 will copy it but none of the other lower versions won’t.

maybe there is a bug in the programing somewhere ?

anyway sure could use a copy of bw5 but it still not posted yet.

Any clue as to when it will be released ?

To bad you can’t email it to me or send me a private message

Btw here is my bwa for what its Worth

Go grab it [here](http://members.cox.net/gkzukowsky/mp2/The Thing.bwa)

Greg :eek: :eek: :confused:

It seems that bw 4 isn’t extracting the sub-codes correctly. Perhaps that isn’t all that surprising as about the only prot. currently using subs is libcrypt so there may not have been much work done on subs reading by the various duping apps lately.

As for The Thing having indications of dpm protection, this is likely. As I recall, that title and a number of others released prior to it (The Thing being the last title released that is readily do-able, to use FP’s “word”) contained both the upgraded sub-code protection scheme (as used for e.g. WCIII) and the dpm scheme.

However, a copy that passes muster so far as the subs are concerned will work for that title without any necessity for bwa/twinpeak patching or gigarec burning with a plex premium as the guard module of the game executable doesn’t incorporate a dpm check.

As for Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, the version of securom used pre-dates WCIII and really shouldn’t cause any difficulties if you have any sort of reasonable sub-code reader/writer combo.

(Note though that whilst Lite-on dvds are good subs readers, Lite-on cdrws are not good subs readers though they usually write them OK. Performance with securom new using a Lite-on cdrw as both reader and writer can be quite erratic; i.e. on some systems copies done with one duping app will succeed whilst copies with another that ought to work will fail. In my case, I was always able to copy securom new titles with my old Ltr-24102B as reader/writer with alcohol or with a custom profile with clonecd, copies made with blindwrite were hit or miss (usually worked but sometimes failed) and I was never able to copy any of these titles successfully with cd-mate despite the fact that others had great success with that app.)