BW Problem

Originally posted by Fr4nz
With my Liteon 48125W I’m not able to extract the linear density of sectors at any of the given speed in BWA (1x-16x and max). I still have to use Alcohol DPM (it works only at 36x, 32x and 24x with the Litey) and then convert the MDS file into BWA file.
Maybe you should put at least the 24x speed option in the BWAtool in order to have a succesful extraction with Liteons.

Hey Fr4nz, I just downloaded the latest Blindread/write as shown in my signature and had the problem as you described of not being able to extract BWA correctly with the previous version. After installing the new version I get a correct looking graph in my LiteOn and successfully created a backup of CIV3: Play the World. Which is protect by SecuROM - 4.83.55 0008 as shown by Yates version detector. I followed the instructions in the HowToBWA file included in the new 4.21 version

Sorry but which speed did you use to extract the physical infos of the cd?
Here with 48125W (firmware VS08) it’s currently impossible to do it with BWA at any speed!

Cyn, what settings did you use for Play the World? I have made a backup but the verification is rather slow in my DVD drive.

What speed did you use to create BWA?
Did you include subcode data in your image?
Was the image created with Nibble or Gap read? Adpat speed?
What speed did you use to create image?
What speed did you burn image at?
Did you burn in DAO PW or DAO PQ?
Did you burn with enhance weak sectors on?

Sorry for all the questions. How big are the BWA files? I don’t have mine in front of me but if they are not too big could you email me a copy of yours so that I can compare it to mine?

mrgreene@hotmail.com

Thanks

What speed did you use to create BWA? 4x
Did you include subcode data in your image? YES
Was the image created with Nibble or Gap read?

Nibbles

What speed did you use to create image? 8x
What speed did you burn image at? 12x
Did you burn in DAO PW or DAO PQ? PW
Did you burn with enhance weak sectors on? NO

It depends on your reader on starting your copy.

Some will take 2-3 seconds, other up to 2 mins

I found that BWA builder works with 48125W only at 4x, and it cannot already retreive physical informations on mixed data/audio cds!