BW+Plex Premium - How it does SecuRom 4.8+

For those who have ever wondered how BlindWrite works with the Plex Premium to backup SecuRom 4.8+ read below.

It was discovered on a beta firmware of this drive that the speed of the motor could be locally adjusted during the write. This was made possible because Plextor, for some techniques used in the premium needed to generate speed synchro totally decorrelated to the media.

Usually, the speed of writing is finely adjusted with an information that exists on the writable media, called ATIP - this information is a wobble signal that sync in the motor. On the premium, when you set the speed to *4, and you use Gigarec, the atip is no longer used by the drive, so it’s possible to vary locally the speed, thus it affect the density of the sectors.

Also, you can extract a new .BWA file from the copy made with Plextor Premium and BlindWrite 4.5.3 and above (also BlindWrite5). If the Twinpeak method were used this would not be possible.

Interesting, but his part is not completely true. I’ve made a copy from a twinpeaked CD. I made the image from the disk that did not use twinpeak and then made the BWA file from twinpeaked CD. Work just as well as the orignal copy. I will admit that it does require two CD’s (one twinpeaked and one not) to make the copy. And that if done with the PP, it would be possible with just one.

Also, you can extract a new .BWA file from the copy made with Plextor Premium and BlindWrite 4.5.3 and above (also BlindWrite5). If the Twinpeak method were used this would not be possible.

can anyone in the BW team confirm whether or not Sanyo’s HD Burn could support writing of the bwa for Securom 4.84.84 and above (aka Gigarec)?

http://www.sanyo.co.jp/koho/hypertext4-eng/0209news-e/0925-2e.html

can anyone in the BW team confirm whether or not Sanyo’s HD Burn could support writing of the bwa for Securom 4.84.84 and above (aka Gigarec)?
I asked the devloper himself and this is his answer

because HD burn is VERY different. HD Burn is a proprietary format, but gigarec (the stuff I use in premium) is not the same

thanx for the reply - shame about the answer :frowning:

That was strange. I have made many backups using the twinpeak method, and i’ve always needed only one cd for installing and playing
(i know some drives has problems reading this kind of disc, but i never encountered one)
And loading of the cd’s never took more than 5 seconds compared to the original cd (and that is max 5 seconds).
And I even 1 time copyed a backup made using the twinpeak method and burned it using the twinpeak method.
And ofcourse it worked