BW becoming a threat

It’s the first time i see a protection company (SonyDADC) acknowledging BW as a threat. I have seen Deamon-tools, Alcohol 120% and offcourse CloneCD mentioned with copy-protection, but never BW.
Your doing a good job if copy-protection companies are starting to add BW on the seriouse enemies list :wink:
I was expecting blacklisting (or whatever emulation shield means) of the other softwares, but not BW. Hope that when the first game with it comes out VSO will start working on it.
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Can you please post a link to the article you read that from .

Gio

It was on the main page for news.

Link here.

i just love it when these companies keep coming out with these anti-copying bs propaganda…i bet vso’s already defeated it. blacklisting wont help if vso comes out with new versions…

Jamos,

maybe or maybe not . Is this going to incrimidate us ?

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]Jamos,

maybe or maybe not . Is this going to incrimidate us ? [/B]

do you mean incriminate? which means becoming a criminal…id say no…theres nothing illegal with backing up software as long as you own the title and do not sell it or distribute it and that would be the individuals crime not the company that produces a program. ie should gunmakers go to jail because a criminal kills someone with thier gun? or kitchen knive manufactors stop making knives because someone kills with one?

or if you meant intimidate? id hope not! this is typical software protection propaganda…they said the same thing about safedisk etc. a while back.

emulation may be the only answer in the future sadly.

and beleive me professional hackers dont bother with these programs they just hack the freakin exe to not look for the cd and put it out on the web or burn it and sell it in foreign markets in asia where pirating is rampent.

We’ve done it before and will do it again.
Nothing is secure for a cdfreak.

I also belive that emulation will be the future, but the days when emulation will be the only options, because a cd/dvd-writer doesnt have what it takes to make a backup. Some unknown chinese manufacture will make drives that can copy because there is good money in that (and they are in china where the US doesnt dare to touch)

2 Jamos

…this is typical software protection propaganda…

I absolutely agree with you !!!

…beleive me professional hackers dont bother with these programs they just hack the freakin exe to not look for the cd and put it out on the web or burn it and sell it in foreign markets in asia where pirating is rampent.

It too the truth

But it not only cracking *.exe, but also competition‚Ķbetween you and protection, ‚Äúsports interest‚Ä̂Ķ

hehe, good idea wersachi
Lets make a competition.
Copy-protection companies releases copy-protections, and then its the communities turn to defeat them. We could rate them by how strong the protection is, how long it took to defeat it, how good of a backup is possible to make, etc…
We could also have a competion inside the community. Groupe A vs Group B, who defeats it first, who finds a way to make the best backup, etc…

I know people like that, when a new copy, protection comes out, they are happy. They buy the game (they do not care about the game, only the protection), then try to copy it. After they made atleast 2 backups that works in atleast 2 different drives, they are happy. They save all the information (encrypt it) they gathered while making a backup and archives it. I know they are having a competition with some other people living on the other side of the world, who defeats it first. But this 2 groups are people that know almost everything about optical media.