BW and Starforce 3

Sorry to bring old Starforce 3 up again but I was thinking…

The protection is based on DPM right? And the reason people cant copy it like SecuROM 4.85> is because Starforce will access the IDE channels without going through windows and therefore bypassing any emulation put in place.

So what if the image is burnt using BWA info and the burnt CD physically has the same structure as the original (I know this isn’t what happens but it was easier to explain it this way:p ). If the file was then burnt with a Plex Premium which does DPM like nothing else then why doesn’t the software pass the check.

In what way is the Starforce 3 DPM different to SecuROM?

Sorry. Call me thick but I figured it out for myself. Its the bloody ATIP isnt it !!!

I wonder why we cant overwrite the Atip or do something to the CDR to make that section unreadable. You know the magic marker thingy

go ahead, write on the cds with your marker thats if you fancy ruining them

Originally posted by dr–evil
[B]Sorry. Call me thick but I figured it out for myself. Its the bloody ATIP isnt it !!!

I wonder why we cant overwrite the Atip or do something to the CDR to make that section unreadable. You know the magic marker thingy [/B]

Nothing to do with atip atall, rom drives dont read atip info, your SF3 copy will still fail in a rom attatched to MOBO ide

I know. I have lost the plot and need to get more sleep and lay off the weed.

:stuck_out_tongue: