BW 4 or 5?

vbimport

Hello,

First off, I want to say that I am rather new. I did do a search and read a bunch of threads on this topic. From what I read I have to conclude that backing up games is very hardware dependant.

From version 4 of the BW it seems that 4.2.5 and 4.5.7 are the most common ones. I read some posts by kamikaze and he said that to be successful, you need the latest firmware and software.

Again, I know that this is a common question, but I still, after reading a lot, seem to be confused. Basically, is it recommended to pick a 4 version or go with the latest? I know that 4 isn’t supported anymore, ahh… hehe I am so confused.

Again, sorry… but any input would be great. I know there isn’t a one program/version solution … but still, opinions would be great.

]Bonkers[

just download the latest version of blindwrite and you won’t be disappointed. The autoplay has just been rewritten, so many new protections are supported.

I have a litey 52x…will it now burn securom and safedisc ?

no, safedisc without emulation and securom with emulation

so your saying with a litey 52 x and the latest Bw 5.2, I can or can’t back up the latest safedisc without emulation and securom with it?

For Securom, you can still use twinpeak (no emulation) with BW5. But you’ll have to use the tweaker to enable this option.

How can this be done? is there a tutorial describing the whole procedure?

The altest version of blindwrite will allow you to backup safedisc without any outside help, as long as you do it right.

For securom you will need emulation or a third party application such as twinpeak.

take a look here pafan, wrote it a few minutes ago :).

“”"[The altest version of blindwrite will allow you to backup safedisc without any outside help, as long as you do it right."""

Ok I have a litey52x, how do I back up the latest safedisc, how do I do it right? I would prefer instructions that would work withe bw tweaker.

Thank you

Ok Kalas, is their a similar procedure using the tweaker with bw 5.2 that will allow my litey 52x to back up my copy of far cry…i already scratched this thing already

Far cry cd or dvd?

If it’s cd you will need to use tweaker and set read speed to 4x. From there you can remove autoplay or for added compatability keep it in (if you keep it in you will need to uninstall bw to check that it’s a good copy, or remove autoplay completely. However you sacrifice it working if your particular model cannot back it up properly on your first go). Ignore topology as that is used mainly on securom and away you go.

I Find i can write at max but depending on your media you might want to lower it a little.

for cd. What burners will read /write the latest safedisc w/o autoplay?
I had the impression that the plex premiums would, what about the liteon 52x?

Take a look at this thread SafeDisc 3.20 Successes and Non-Successes and you’ll get all the information you’re looking for :).

But when I use the tweaker, should I check audio subcodes, enhance weak sectors etc? Is it just a matter of reading at 4x and that’s it?

I would check enhance weak sectors,include autoplay unchecked, read and write speed 4x, ,Handle Read Error automatic checked, about subchannels leave them unchecked (audio and data), then sit back relax and wait a while it’ll take at least 30 minutes. The prgress bar won’t move in the begining, so don’t panic :stuck_out_tongue: that’s normal. Good luck :).

p.s. you’ll need a good writer for SafeDisc. If you want to test your’s take a look here for further information.

Thankx I have a litey 52 x so I will assume that is good enough. Some guy wrote a safedisc game with a plex premium using a profile where both subchannels for audio and data were checked and it worked. I will try with litey, if it doesn’t work I will buy a plex premium since that seems to be burning both securom as well as the latest safedisc

Some guy wrote a safedisc game with a plex premium using a profile where both subchannels for audio and data were checked and it worked.

The guy was me :p. It was Painkiller worked fine for me, that’s true. But you don’t need subcodes for SafeDisc protection, I just checked them for trying. There is a thread where some members talked about reading subchannel data or not for SafeDisc protections. Some said it makes no difference, I would recommend not reading them. The sad thing I couldn’t reproduce my result with any other SafeDisc 3.2xxx protected game after Painkiller using my plextor premium, they are just working in my plex and that’s it. The plextor is a very good writer but not the SafeDisc 3.2xx killer as you may think. So think twice about buying it :wink: .