BW 4.2.1 and SD2.8.x

Can anyone verify that the latest Blindwrite can copy SD 2.8.x protection?

I’m looking to replace CloneCD as it hasn’t been able to keep the lead that it once had [Sorry Olli], and I only want to buy one piece of software if I can. If BlindWrite does it all then I’m not going to bother with Alcohol or CD Mate.

Could someone verify this please? I’d check it myself, but I don’t have a SD2.8.x game!

I asked in the thread about BW and the latest protections that’s now a sticky, but the thread seems to have been chopped into 2 threads and in doing so my posts have been left out, so I’m asking agin in a new thread.

[/edit]
OK so now I see that my original question was posted as a new thread, which I missed completely. So now we have a duplicate threads. Please ignore the other one, as the good stuff is here.
[/edit]

Originally posted by philamber

However, until safedisc 2.8x there was never any need to use discdump if you had any of blindwrite, cdmate or alcohol on your system as each of those programs has always been able to cope with all versions of safedisc up to 2.7x with a suitable writer.

Does this mean BW won’t do it, or that it hasn’t been tested yet?

• Implement “media local density variation” (mldv, equivalent to twinpeak technique)

so imho blindwrite should be able to copy the new protections with most drives.

We are still waiting!!!

Can BW 4.2.1 do safedisc 2.8???

Anybody who can find it out??? :eek:

download the demo so you are able to try it yourself

Sure, but I don´t own one of this games…I´m just interested if it does…

Originally posted by damiandimitri
download the demo so you are able to try it yourself

I already stated that I don’t have a SD2.8 game!

Originally posted by InSOMniA
[B]—

• Implement “media local density variation” (mldv, equivalent to twinpeak technique)

so imho blindwrite should be able to copy the new protections with most drives. [/B]

Isn’t that just for SecuROM 4?

Originally posted by Orinoco
[B]

Isn’t that just for SecuROM 4? [/B]

Yeah it is acually

I’ve just tested this version of blindwrite on NFSHP2 using my Ltd-163 as reader and my Ltr-24102b as writer.

Read method: nibble. Write method: Dao pw.

Copy failed.

The problem is with blindwrite not blindread. I re-dumped the image but this time saving in bin/cue format and burnt the image with fireburner. The copy made in this manner worked.

Thanx Phil for your competent info…

BlindWrite doesn’t support Clone 4 Image,does it?

Bye

No but Alcohol does.

I know.Thanks really much.

Bye

Tried to copy MOHAA: Spearhead which is safedisc v2.80.010 the copy failed big time.

Did anyone already tried to copy SD 2.8x with the new version BlindWrite 4.2.2? In the changelog they say that BlindWrite can copy SD 2.8x since 4.2.2!
So if nobody tried it, maybe someone can do his test again with BlindWrite 4.2.2!

The best cloning software for SafeDisc 2.80,from my point of view,is Cd Mate,even if quite old,my back-up works on 4 pc’s and 8 cd-rom’s perfectly…

Bye

Originally posted by ernstblaauw
Did anyone already tried to copy SD 2.8x with the new version BlindWrite 4.2.2? In the changelog they say that BlindWrite can copy SD 2.8x since 4.2.2!
So if nobody tried it, maybe someone can do his test again with BlindWrite 4.2.2!

I have already done this and posted elsewhere in this Forum. Successfully copied Unleashed (2.80.10) using Litey 40123S. I can’t get BW to have a disc recognised for reading in my ASUS and Toshi range of opticals. lapinou is looking into this.

I used the 4.2.2 and it failed on Spearhead as stated above