BW 4.2.1 and Hitman2

Hitman 2 UK build 265

BlindRead 4.2.1.11 image made Nibble with sub-codes in LTD-163D [GHR3]
BlindWrite 4.2.1.26 burn made on LTR-40125S [ZS0N]

BWA files made @4x with default settings and answering Yes to automatic last sector in both drives

Extract of event log after burn with LTD-163D BWA file

Writing mode : DAO PW
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
3321 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 277252
Sectors built: 150

Extract of event log after burn with LTR-40125S BWA file

Writing mode : DAO PW
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
3176 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 277107
Sectors built: 150

Notice the difference in Sectors read and the number of dual secors added. This information was consistant across burns so I conclude that the BWA file was different from each read.

I allocated 3 CMC magnetics CD-Rs and my final Prodisc blank, I also burned several CD-RWs. Each burn was different in the characteristics of the game startup. The detail below shows the sucess I had getting the game to start, but the time for each burn to be recognised or to not be recognised was different as was the rotational sound of the drive whilst reading the disks. This experience leads me to think that there is still an element of luck involved with duplication.

From the 1st 6 starts of the game [in the LTD-163D] after burning;

CMC Magnetics CD-RW with BWA file made from LTD-163D 6/6 success
CMC Magnetics CD-RW with BWA File made from LTR-40125S 3/6 success

Prodisc Phylacyanine CD-R BWA file made from LTD-163D 6/6 success

1st CMC Magnetics CD-R with BWA file made from LTD-163D 5/6 success
2nd CMC Magnetics CD-R with BWA file made from LTD-163D 2/6 success
3rd CMC Magnetics CD-R with BWA file made from LTD-163D 1/6 success

I took the 3rd CMC Magnetics burn to work and installed it into an old desktop with a CD drive [don’t tell the boss :slight_smile: ] and that passed the CD check 3/3 times. Go figure that one :confused:

Just an update for those that are interested;

I patched Hitman2 yesterday with the 1.01 update from EIDOS and now the backup works first time every time. I wonder what they did, according to the read-me there is something in it that makes Hitman ‘more comaptable with certain CD-ROMs’. Hmmmm