Buying Windows XP PRO

Since everything is based around Win XP these days, I going to buy the OS.
But what comes with it? All Win XP machines I’ve seen have; Word, Excel, Outlook, MSN etc… (incl. this I’m writing on at work). What I want to know is just by buying the OS does it include all those things???

Not all have Powerpoint and Frontpage, or do they??

The Microsoft webpage is just confusing. I cant find anything there. :confused:

nope, you will have to buy office or ofice xp to get all those programs.

None of the programs you mentioned are in xp. those are all in Microsoft Office XP

When you buy ANY windows OS including XP the Operating system is all you get. word, excel. powerpoint etc are seperate programs that yuo can buy individually or buy in an offiice suite the current one being office 2003.

That is what I was afraid of. :sad:

WOW fast response time here.
Thanks.

if you are in the US then get XP pro from newegg you can get it for about 140.00 as long as you buy a piece of hardware when you order it and newegg defines “hardware” as even just a 1…99 audio cable. get office 2003 from walmart the “student Teacher” editionis only 139.00 and is licensed for use on THREE machines.

Here is a link to where you can buy windows xp real cheap http://www.thesoftwareguy.com/products.cfm?CatID=37

and this is the main site look through and you can find all your additional window programs and lots more

hope this help

If your in the u.s. and your a student alot of time your can buy a copy of XP and office for $10 apiece from your university.

This license will then only be valid if you are a teacher or a student…and only for as long as you are a student/teacher…

This license will then only be valid if you are a teacher or a student…and only for as long as you are a student/teacher…

guess I will have to make sure I keep going to sunday school. :stuck_out_tongue:

May the Lord bless you AAAAMEN :slight_smile:

Yeah, the idea that Windows comes with all of those programs is a common misconception since most pre-built PCs come with them. It is kind of a pain but the trade off is that you don’t get all of the extra BS stuck on your machine that pre-built systems come with.