Buying Stuff I Don't Need

I was just in my local Office Depot in the United States, and they had three Sony 25GB 1x-2x BD-R disks sitting in the clearance section for $2.50 USD each (that’s two dollars and fifty cents, in case you think you’re seeing things).

I don’t have a Blu-Ray burner or player, but at that price, I bought them anyway. :bigsmile:

My question is, is Blu-Ray about to make a speed or capacity jump that will obsolete these disks? Are the disks crap? I’m just wondering why they were so cheap.

[quote=negritude;1949430]I was just in my local Office Depot in the United States, and they had three Sony 25GB 1x-2x BD-R disks sitting in the clearance section for $2.50 USD each (that’s two dollars and fifty cents, in case you think you’re seeing things).

I don’t have a Blu-Ray burner or player, but at that price, I bought them anyway.

My question is, is Blu-Ray about to make a speed or capacity jump that will obsolete these disks? Are the disks crap? I’m just wondering why they were so cheap.[/quote]
Even though I dont have a Bluray burner either, I would have bought them also, at that price with the Bluray burners becoming cheaper and available, its nice to have them in case the day should come that you get a burner. I think you did the right thing.:iagree:

Wow thanks, I’m going to check out Office Depot tomorrow!

My question is, is Blu-Ray about to make a speed or capacity jump that will obsolete these disks? Are the disks crap? I’m just wondering why they were so cheap.
The disc is not crap but there will be 4x BD-R media so probably OD is getting rid of the old stock.

Your soo LUCKY!!

I hope the local OD here has the same stock to clear out; I will jump on that kind of a deal.

Wow, $2.50 is really nice price.

Would like to grab some here in Europe for that. :bigsmile:

Maybe we can pricematch if negritude care to upload his receipt? :wink:

I went to OD and the Sony 1-2x BD-R is listed at $19.99.

But one of the rep said last week they had a bunch of cds, dvds and blu-ray discs for two dollars a pack or spindle. Oh well…