Buying new IDE burner, need recommendations

vbimport

Im looking to buy a good dvd+r DL burner, for around $30… what brand is best for that price? someone said they had lite-on iHAP122-04 and had no probs, still works after about 1.5 years, give or take. Hear pioneers older models were great, found a refurb 115d on ebay for $30. Also looking at samsung sh-s222a since its $30 free ship on newegg…will be using it for dvd backups, and not sure i can say what else, so a hint is:verbatims are easily best for this, another hint is ixtreme…

anyone? need to get one soon…

If you use good media like verbatim you can get almost any drive and it would work nice with dual layer media, but for me the you need to get the 115 if you are sure that it works (not much trust in ebay), or try to find an optiarc 7200A.

I would prefer to have a new drive, this way you will have the benefit of the warranty, also be sure that it’s not a dvd-rom.

ya i dotn really wanna get teh refurb 115 either…and my 1st pack will be verbatims…if i ever come across another brand thats priced real cheap might give them a shot if its not much $ to waste. what new drive would u recommend

The Optiarc AD-7200A Vroom mentioned is a very good drive and highly recommended. If you can use a SATA drive then you might consider the AD-7240S.

If you can find one [I]new [/I]I would go for a 20x Samsung SH-S202 or 203 (discontinued about a year ago but you might still be able to find one), but definitely not one of the later 22x or 24x drives. The main advantages over an Optiarc are (IMO) better DVD scanning and better at reading damaged CDs.

well my main use id gonna be dual layer writing(xbox backups). i looked for the ad-7200a online, found some, not sure what sites are safe tho… havent really looked for the 202/3

knda leaning on a liteon… good reviews, cheap price. lookign at teh ihap122 and ihap422-98…also samsung sh-s222a is in same price range…

the 115d off ebay is used, but he said they are tested b4 he ships, and guranteed no DOA…

[QUOTE=daman22;2480863]knda leaning on a liteon… good reviews, cheap price. lookign at teh ihap122 and ihap422-98…also samsung sh-s222a is in same price range…

the 115d off ebay is used, but he said they are tested b4 he ships, and guranteed no DOA…[/QUOTE]

As long as you use good media you shouldn’t have any problems with a liteon drive.

for the ihap422, it had a high spike at layerbreak in teh scans, for xbox backups, it has to hav ea certain layer break, so will teh spike cause probs

Never had any problems with my xbox backups, but i use my 7200A or the 7240S to burn them, many drives have this spike at the layer break.

well i cant find the 7200a,…so they spike shpuld be fine?

so far i never had any problems with spikes in the layer brake, all my verbatim dl media are working perfect, so i would vote that you wont have any problems. but even if you have your drive will be in warranty so you can always sent this back and get another.

should iget a new liteon, or used pioneer 115d off ebay, $30… says they are cleaned and tested

If you trust the seller on ebay then it’s fine, but i prefer to have a new drive than a used one.

leaning on ihap422

Would you please just get one already? You’ve been posting endlessly on many threads, digging up old and hijacking other threads about your search for an IDE drive. There are information (forum and user reviews) that should give you enough to go on.

i needed to wait anyways to make sure another purchase went thru, calm down…if u dont like it stay out

[QUOTE=daman22;2482036]i needed to wait anyways to make sure another purchase went thru, [B]calm down[/B]…if u dont like it stay out[/QUOTE]

Please stop spamming and accusing other members.
Buy the games you wanna play.

accusing them of what? calm down doesnt = accusing…