Buying DVDidle's "Region Free & CSS" software

Hello

I recently downloaded a trial version of DVDidle’s “Region Free & CSS” soft ware. The trial period has ended and I WANT to purchase a licence for the software but each time I contact their support, I receive the same form e-mail response telling me that their on-line store will be back in operation soon. But it has been over 4 months now. Does anyone know if they are going to continue selling the software. If not, does anyone have any suggestiond on a Good software program that will do the same thing? I have quite a few DVD’s which are Region 2 encoded and would like to be able to watch them. Thanks for any help you can give me.

DVDfab platinum decrypts, removes region coding and burns to dvd but if you need an on the fly program then anydvd is what you want.

I seriously doubt it.
In any case, don’t hold your breath.
The development and sale of Region Free & CSS stopped sometime in the Fall of '06.

[Edit]
Any particular reason you started 2 threads with identical posts???

yep,
“stupidity”

No I was having a problem with my server connection and didn’t think the first thread posted so I tried posting it a second time. When I did it popped up twice. I can understand that they quit developing the software but they should still be able to sell me a licence for a copy of it. Any suggestions on a comparable program. I don’t really need to copy any of my region 2 disks. I just want to be able to play them. Thanks

Cliff

cyclops_9 if you read your post in the newbie forum you will see what I answered. I gave you 2 programs as suggestions to try. I have both and they are good and give you free trials.

Thanks for the suggestions.

what is your drive make and model? you could make the drive region free with a small utility or upgrade to region free firmware! :slight_smile:

Helllo

Thanks for the tip. Here is the DVD drive I am using I went to the Lite-On web site and I am using the latest fiormware for my drive. What utility can I use to make my drive region free? Thanks for your help.

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0E 2006/07/11 21:45
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Welcome to the CDF forums :wink: Cyclops,

I merged your other thread with this one, so please don’t wonder when you don’t find the other one anymore ;).

As for your problem, like already said before, the development of Region & CSS Free has stopped some time ago.

There are several alternatives depending on your needs:

I hope some of your questions are answered.

/edit: if you just want to playback then probably no3 is the tool for you (not sure if DVD43 will do the same)

cu around

[QUOTE=Cyclops_9;1997626]Helllo

Thanks for the tip. Here is the DVD drive I am using I went to the Lite-On web site and I am using the latest fiormware for my drive. What utility can I use to make my drive region free? Thanks for your help.

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0E 2006/07/11 21:45
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1[/QUOTE]

Region Free

LtnRPC

This tool will remove the region restrictions from most LiteOn drives (so you can play any DVD regardless of region).
Download and guide: http://dhc014.rpc1.org/LtnRPC/
Questions and discussion: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=508389
Removing a drive’s region protection is only the first step in making your system region-free (more info).
For more information about DVD regions, RPC-1, and RPC-2, please read this guide.
Note: This tool is different than RPCDE, RPCDE2, and liteonutil! LtnRPC is perfectly safe while these other tools can corrupt your drive’s EEPROM. If you used one of these other tools, and your drive is no longer responding, you can use the EEPROM Utility to fix it.

Also suggest that you download and install VLC Media Player. It’s free and a little gem of a software player, does not rely on external codecs and avoids problems with software region counters (you’ll see what I mean after reading the LtnRPC guide
There’s a link in my sig…:wink:

I’d recommend you spend some time reading over F.A.Q. for LiteOn Optical Drives. There is a ton of info…including utilities, ins and outs of flashing, patched firmwares, how to guides for backing up and restoring EEPROM, etc., etc.

Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Cyclops_9;1997626]Helllo

[B]LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0E 2006/07/11 21:45
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1[/B][/QUOTE]
It looks like you have copied it from the AnyDVD status window. AnyDVD makes your drive appear region free without the use of firmware.

not to put down anydvd as i do believe it is a great program.

using region free tools and firmware is FREE. also dvdfab has DVDidle’s “Region Free & CSS” software incorporated into the program. so you can backup dvds from any region using [U]only[/U] dvdfab.

i second the suggestion:
…you download and install VLC Media Player…

ANYDVD is way to expensive :a

Thank you to everybody who took the time to help me out. I have been trying to read as many posts as I can and I am learning (slowly)

I tried the “AnyDVD” program and it did the job but now that the trial period is over, before I buy it I wanted to check out the DVDFab Platinum program. I went to the DVDFab website and looked it over. I know that it incorporates the “regionFree & SCC” software into burning a disk, but does it also work in the background to disable the RPC setting if I want to watch a Region 2 disk?

After all the DVDFab program is almost 30 bucks cheaper than the AnyDVD program so it makes sense to buy it instead if it foes.

Again. Thanks to everyone for all of your help.

Cliff
Cyclops
(The Titan not the X-Man)

The Fab products do not work on the fly like anydvd, so you need to rip to the hard drive first.

before you buy anydvd you should try dvd43 it’s an on the fly program and it free. If you purchase a program I recomend dvdfab platinum as it does everything needed except the onthe fly.

Thanks for the suggestion, but DVD43 only works in the background when you are burning a disk. I just need something that will let me watch the region 2 disks I already have.

[QUOTE=Cyclops_9;2012044]Thanks for the suggestion, but DVD43 only works in the background when you are burning a disk. I just need something that will let me watch the region 2 disks I already have.[/QUOTE]

I think you’ve got the wrong idea there.

DVD43 has nothing to do with burning, it decrypts on the fly in a similar fashion to AnyDVD.

Or in other words amongst other things it will also let you watch your R2 discs .

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’ve been reading up on several of the threads on this region Free CSS from DVDidle. Why do they still have it up for sale if it’s not supported or available for sale? Is the official site for DVDfab www.DVDfab.com? Or is it www.DVDidlie.com? Or both? They also have some software on DVDidle called Fab something… Can’t post link right now because I’ll lose this post. Some verification and suggestions are always appreciated as always. Thnx. :slight_smile:

The official site is dvdfab.com. DVDIdle, Idle Pro and Region+CSS Free are former products that are not currently under development, but may be resurrected some time in the future (I think that’s why they left the website up).