Buying DVD+Rs?

vbimport

This is my first post/question here on this forum :slight_smile:

I’ve tried googleing for an answer, but I couldn’t find anything on it. So my question is, which is better when it is shipped- shrink wrapped, or on a spindle/cake box? Would shrink-wrapped DVDs have less protection from drops or other types of damage, or is there any difference? :confused:

I usually put the DVDs in sleeves or jewel cases after burning, so it doesn’t matter storage-wise if I get a spindle.

If you don’t have a spindle to put them on they tend to get scratched more easily. I have bought them both ways and it really doesn’t make a difference as far as shipping IMO. After you open the package is where you will notice. That’s the reason I said to put them on an old spare spindle.

i usually just order my dvd recordables online in 1x 100pack spindles.

then after i burn them i put them in paper sleeves for general storage (note: i dont touch them to often so chances of getting scratched in my case is fairly slim)… there nice cause there borderline ‘dirt cheap’ and offer decent protection of handled half way decently.

but if you got more important data i would probably use those slim line cd cases (the one’s that are half the thickness of regular cd cases)

For storage I wouldn’t put them in spindles. They usually get scratched. As far as buying goes, it doesn’t really make a difference.

i guess i will go ahead and order them on a spindle next time.

thanks everyone for their input! :smiley: