Buying Blu-ray burner

I need some help buying a blu-ray burner, formy pc, all i know is that i want a good drive to work with my evga 780I FTW board.

I was looking at the new LG but from what u i read there are some issues
with evga chipset, as well i will be buying the 50GB disks as well to burn with…

Thanks

The issue with evga chipset is not only for LG drive but for all SATA drives including non blu-ray. They love to be hooked up to an intel chipset.

Even if you have an evga/nvidia chipset I would still suggest you get the LG blu-ray drive. Upgrade all the drivers (mobo, video, software, windows) and firmware of the LG. If everything fails you can get a cheap PCI SATA card such as this one and connect your LG to this Syba card.

thanks but i have not had any issues with sata knock on wood LOL

[QUOTE=zevia;2120996]The issue with evga chipset is not only for LG drive but for all SATA drives including non blu-ray. They love to be hooked up to an intel chipset.

Even if you have an evga/nvidia chipset I would still suggest you get the LG blu-ray drive. Upgrade all the drivers (mobo, video, software, windows) and firmware of the LG. If everything fails you can get a cheap PCI SATA card such as this one and connect your LG to this Syba card.[/QUOT

does anyone have a uses manual for this card? the web site does not have it? thanks and do i just plug it in a free card slot on my mb,and then the power? i have now 2 standard burners that are hooked up by the old way…can i still keep these burners as well as a new sata burner?

Thanks man hopefully this drive works