Buying advice for the best Verbatim burner?

vbimport

Hi everybody!

Could you please give me a buying advice for a burner that works best with Verbatim Blu-ray, DVD-R Gold Archival, DVD+RW and CD-R?

Till now i was very satisfied with Plextor PX-820SA and PX-760SA but i would like to upgrade to Blu-ray and don´t lose the high quality of DVD and CD burning.

Please let me benefit from your experience :bow:

Sorry, i wanted to post this in the CD, DVD and Blu-ray section but it didn´t work out. Could you please move it for me to avoid a doublepost.

I forgot to mention DVD+R DL and that i´m only looking for internal burners. After reading a lot of tests and talking to Verbatim i guess that the [B]Pioneer BDR-S09XLT[/B] with [B]firmware 1.33[/B] could be the best buy at the moment. What do you think?

Most of us around here would recommend Pioneer burners for the quality of their burns. But for the most part, I’ve been watching BD-R results, rather than DVD’s and CD’s.

If burning a CD, I’d probably use my old LG drive, rather than my Pioneer Blu-ray burner. Both of those drives are older, and not available anymore, so no direct comparison with the 209 series now sold by Pioneer.

Thanks for your reply. I can also still burn CD-R with my PX-760SA in a very good quality. That wouldn´t be a problem. But i need to find a good Blu-ray burner that can still burn Verbatim DVD-R in a good quality and since the PX-820SA i don´t trust in Plextor anymore. After original Plextor, NEC and Sony, i think that Pioneer could be the best solution at the moment but i might be wrong, that´s why i´m asking the experts here :wink:

The Pioneer 209 series drives have a good reputation. I don’t think you’ll have problems with one when burning good quality media like Verbatim AZO discs.

^ Kerry is right on (as always). The 209 series also burn CDs quite well, as well as the Verbatim 8x Made in UAE DVD+R DL (MKM 003) discs which are currently available.

Thanks for confirming my supposition. The only negative thing that i heard from german customers is, that some of the 209 burners suddenly stopped reading any media from one moment to the other. So they shall not be very reliable if you use them for a long time. Can you also confirm that or is this happening randomly?

[QUOTE=Plextorian;2772635]Thanks for confirming my supposition. The only negative thing that i heard from german customers is, that some of the 209 burners suddenly stopped reading any media from one moment to the other. So they shall not be very reliable if you use them for a long time. Can you also confirm that or is this happening randomly?[/QUOTE]

Often the reason for this situation is to disconnect \ no contact \ damage \ breaking the tape signal connecting the main engine of the motherboard. Sometimes the damage \ burned by shorting the tape engine or electronics …
OPU is working and working but no response to the command engine start …
Several Pioneer BDR with such symptoms could fix me straight improving contact \ jack \ strap signal …

[QUOTE=Plextorian;2772635]The only negative thing that i heard from german customers is, that some of the 209 burners suddenly stopped reading any media from one moment to the other. So they shall not be very reliable if you use them for a long time. Can you also confirm that or is this happening randomly?[/QUOTE]

I have not had this problem, but I don’t use my 209 heavily.

Another thing that i read about and forgot to mention is slow reading of commercial Blu-ray discs because of Riplock. Is that true and if, is there existing some medicine against it?

[QUOTE=Plextorian;2772673]Another thing that i read about and forgot to mention is slow reading of commercial Blu-ray discs because of Riplock. Is that true and if, is there existing some medicine against it?[/QUOTE]

Yes my 209 has riplock. It doesn’t affect all disks. Waiting a extra few minutes really doesn’t bother me.