I want to buy duplex monochrome printer
I found samsung 3051nd,and brother 5250dn
and last one lexmark e350d
I didnt dind many reviews about them
which one is better?
thanx

Brother, without a doubt
//Danne

x2 on the Brother, I absolutely love my HL-2040, fast prints and great quality for ~$.03 per page

I’ve been thinking about upgrading to either the 2070 or one of the 5xxx series for network compatibility (and duplexing w/5xxx) since my new router doesn’t have a built in print server like my last one did

From my experience the HL-2030 / 2040 are just above average. No “great” printer but they dont suck either. I that case (and price range) I’d highly recommend OKI B4100, I got one for my parents and its quite a bit better to be honest and it feels more robust.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/print/laser-printers-roundup.html
You might want to consider OKI’s B4400n although its a bit more expensive. You could also grab a Asus WL-500g Premium (which is cheaper than a new printer) and hook it up via USB. :slight_smile:
//Danne

Actually, I like the ML-3051ND the best. Excellent print quality and low cost/page.

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;1919664]From my experience the HL-2030 / 2040 are just above average. No “great” printer but they dont suck either. I that case (and price range) I’d highly recommend OKI B4100, I got one for my parents and its quite a bit better to be honest and it feels more robust.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/print/laser-printers-roundup.html
You might want to consider OKI’s B4400n although its a bit more expensive. You could also grab a Asus WL-500g Premium (which is cheaper than a new printer) and hook it up via USB. :slight_smile:
//Danne[/QUOTE]

great review, IMO x-bit is one of the few truly unbiased review sites left, definitely bookmark worthy :iagree:

for now I’ll probably just keep the 2040 and set up my main rig as a print server since its usually on 12-16hrs a day anyway, I’ve looked at external print servers, but they just aren’t worth the price especially since most are only usb1.1 anyway (cheapest one I could find was almost as much as the F’N router I just bought) I’ll keep an eye on the ads for a 2070 since the only real gripe I have with the 2040 is the 8mb memory can bottle neck it sometimes and the 2070 has 16mb. the lowest I’ve seen a 2070 advertised for was $79.99, so if I can find one for that price again and sell my 2040 I’ll be in good shape :cool:

I read many review at newegg and amazon about brother 5250dn
good review and bad reviews about curling paper,and power consumption.
samsung 3051nd dosent have good review there
and it is a bit pricier than brother 5250dn
but it has better specs and lcd screen
which is better?

[QUOTE=sameroor;1920004]I read many review at newegg and amazon about brother 5250dn
good review and bad reviews about curling paper,and power consumption.
samsung 3051nd dosent have good review there
and it is a bit pricier than brother 5250dn
but it has better specs and lcd screen
which is better?[/QUOTE]

IDK which is better, but regarding the curling paper, the 2040 has lots of bad reviews for curling paper also and I barely notice it with standard 20lb copy paper and its not enough to bother me, but with heavier bond paper or card stock (60-80lb+) it does curl pretty bad, I don’t use that paper much so it doesn’t really affect me, but I have found that using the single sheet feed for heavy paper reduces the curling, and I have also found that running the print through upside down right after printing (by just printing a blank doc) will help straighten out the paper. its not perfect, but for how often I use heavy paper it works for me, if you plan on printing a lot of heavy paper you might want to look into one of the other printers though

Plain paper also gets curled (slightly), its not that a big deal though. OKI B4100 is the best priner so far I’ve seen (in its price range) and curls paper very little.
//Danne