Buy.com launches BuyMusic.com, 0.79 cents a song, but restricted

vbimport

I just posted the article Buy.com launches BuyMusic.com, 0.79 cents a song, but restricted.

Earlier we reported that Buy.com would launch a
music download service that could compete with the Apple iTunes
website. The Apple site allowed people to purchase songs without a…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6288-Buy_com-launches-BuyMusic_com-0_79-cents-a-song-but-restricted.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6288-Buy_com-launches-BuyMusic_com-0_79-cents-a-song-but-restricted.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

FYI files are 128kbps .wma. Aside from the poor audio quality, I think I’ll pass since Bill has enough money.

But that’s better than 128kbps mp3s. This’ll get the open source people sqawking.

I’ll sitck to EAC/LAME encoded with -alt-preset extreme. wma is a POS format.

Just by browsing the site, I can see they charge 1.44 per track for Audioslave. Multiply that by 14 tracks and you get 20.16. Twenty bucks for some shitty sounding files that can only be transferred/burned a few times and you don’t even get a case or cover art. You can get the real album at Amazon for 13.49 + S&H. Yeah, this business model will catch on…

DIE YOU DAMN MOFOS… WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DAMN WAYS IT IS OUR WAY OR THE KAZAA LITE WAY LOL…sorry pissing on the RIAA and the whole monopolist US MUSIC COMPANIES…suck my D*** you damn morons TAKE STEAK SCREW IT IS OUR DIGITAL TIME NOT THE CORP’S TIME…:d :d

Don’t hold back there borgster, let us all know what you want to say… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it is a nice first step, but has too many issues. What’s more important, is that people need to (calmly and politely) let places like buymusic.com know WHY we’re not spending money there. People will get fed up with the DRM hassle, or not want to upgrade their hardware players, or hate using WMP9 and IE, and simply not spend money on the site. Then the RIAA and the record labels conclude that the world is not ready to buy music online. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Let them know why this business model sucks, and let them know what you would rather have. Don’t let buymusic.com’s inevitable failure be an excuse for more lawsuits and lack of options. I sent them an email explaining why I was not going to purchase any more music from their site (DRM hassle across 4 computers and doesn’t work on my mp3 player), and explained that when I have the option of buying any quality format I choose with no DRM hassle, then I would gladly spend money on it. I encourage others to do the same, with the capslock key OFF, no threats or exclamation points, and no mention of file sharing.