Buy AnyDVD + CloneDVD?

Hi everyone!
I just noticed that SlySoft currently offers a price reduction on their products. So I am thinking about buying AnyDVD + CloneDVD. But i don’t know if it’s really worth it. So I have a few questions:

1. Do both AnyDVD and CloneDVD have an update function or do I have to uninstall current version and then install new version everytime one of the products gets updated?

2. Is there any really good alternative to AnyDVD or CloneDVD (especially when it comes to transcoding quality)?

I apologize for my English as I’m not a native English speaker.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all of you! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum Acubens :slight_smile: ,
In answer to your questions,
1: You may install updates overtop of older versions with both programs.
2: There are other shrinking programs available, and some that are even free, however CloneDVD2 is a very good application, with many features, that is very easy to use. Both of these products are continuously updated. The support here at CDF, and from SlySoft, is awsome. The package price discount coupled with the Christmas discount, make for a great deal in my opinion.
I suggest downloading it and trying it out for yourself. There is a 21 day trial period. Not sure how long the Christmas promotion will last, but it appears you would still have a couple of days to try them out, and still get the additional discount.

Thanks for your answer, sockeye :slight_smile:

1. So I can just overwrite the old program files with the new one without any problems? But there is no ‘real’ update function?

2. That’s true. CloneDVD and AnyDVD are both very easy to use and updated very often. I also find it amazing that you receive ‘Free lifetime updates’, that’s pretty awesome. I just wanted to know if there are any other programs that can compete with the transcoding quality of CloneDVD.

I already tried both programs. That’s why I consider buying them :slight_smile:

You can always find a discount for SlySoft products if it’s not on cdfreaks ‘google’ for it :wink:
So no need to hurry try them out as sockeye mentioned…

p.s. Free alternative is ripit4me http://www.ripit4me.org/.

You might also consider CloneCD and take advantage of the bundle discount. One of the best programs available for copying both CDs and DVDs and other features also.

There are alternatives and some with a little better quality maybe as some will say here. But I honestly cannot tell any difference. You will buy them when you see how easy they are to use… :flower:

Thanks for all the replies guys :slight_smile:

I think I’ll buy AnyDVD + CloneDVD and maybe even CloneCD :slight_smile:

Good choice Acubens. :clap:
If you are into portable devices, CloneDVD Mobile is a nice product as well. I have a couple of programs for my kid’s iPods, and have found Clone to be the easiest to use.

I would buy CloneDVD but it is never updated.

Hi :slight_smile:
Check the History :bigsmile:
11 updates in 2006. :iagree:
:doh:

AnyDVD has 11 updates in 2 months.

Hi :slight_smile:
The very nature of AnyDVD & it’s function mean that the update process will be more prolific.
As for CloneDVD2. For a tried & tested program of long standing. 1 update per month (almost) is not to be ignored. Showing the Slysoft team do not rest on their laurels.