Buy a new LG drive

vbimport

Hi, i had a good experience with my LG GSA 4163B, i’m looking for a new LG drive, which would you recommend me?

Thanks

I recommend the Panasonic based chipset drives… GSA-H22N 18x, GSA-H55N 20x, or newer GH-22NP20 22x. All are great drives. The 22x is newer and the firmware isn’t quite as mature as the other two.

Ok Dalen, thank you very much, I’ll follow your advices!!!

Bye

Can someone give me an advice about wich is are the best LG drives at the moment?? In particular, which are the newer with Renesas an the ones with Panasonoc Chipset

Thanks

Do you have PATA or SATA?

The H62N is a very nice drive, we have one in another PC, but it’s SATA :slight_smile:

That’s a Renesas chipset, BTW. My experience is with all Renesas drives (4163B, 4167B, E10N, H62N) and they’re all excellent burners.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2080689]Do you have PATA or SATA?

The H62N is a very nice drive, we have one in another PC, but it’s SATA :slight_smile:

That’s a Renesas chipset, BTW. My experience is with all Renesas drives (4163B, 4167B, E10N, H62N) and they’re all excellent burners.[/QUOTE]

Yes I Loved my 4163B, and i want a new Renesas Based LG drive. But I have PATA!! So which drive can i buy?

Thanks

Last Renesas PATA drive was the H42/H44 series, I believe [“companion” to the H62 series]. If you can find the H10 series, they were good drives, too. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2081661]Last Renesas PATA drive was the H42/H44 series, I believe [“companion” to the H62 series]. If you can find the H10 series, they were good drives, too. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Albert, I couldn’t recall what the last Renesas PATA drive was :flower:

I’ve heard good things about the H42/44 drives. And of course the H10 series (my E10N is the external variant) are excellent burners also. :iagree:

Thank you all. But Which are the difference between H42 and H44?? And there must be another letter at the end (like H20L/N) and what do these letters means?

Thank you very much you are very kind :wink:

The H62N is renesas, insn’t it? And is it newer than the h42??

Anyone knows what differences are between H42N and H44N??

H42/H44 are the PATA twins of the SATA H62. The drives are all around the same age and same quality, with few/no special differences I would personally take into consideration. It all depends on whether you want SATA or PATA, and you’ve said you want PATA. If you can find the H44 or H42, it doesn’t matter either way.

[QUOTE=gabri85ct;2081737]…And there must be another letter at the end (like H20L/N) and what do these letters means?[/QUOTE]

L = LightScribe, N = no LightScribe :wink:

And I’d take whichever one you can find easiest out of the 42x/44x…as Albert said. :slight_smile:

ok, thank you very very very much :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2082984]L = LightScribe, N = no LightScribe :wink:

And I’d take whichever one you can find easiest out of the 42x/44x…as Albert said. :)[/QUOTE]

Ok, i’ve found this 3 drives:

LG H42N

LG H58N

Pioneer 112 D

The h58n is Renesas or Panasonic?

Which would suggest to me to burn DVD+R DL??

Thanks

Hi,

H58N is Panasonic.

For DL: maybe the Pioneer?

You might have a look into the “scans and results” threads for these drives to see what drive serves better for your purpose.

Michael

From personal experience, which is better between H42N and H58N?

Hi,[quote=gabri85ct;2083482]From personal experience, which is better between H42N and H58N?[/quote]No personal experience, but from what I’ve seen, I would prefer the Renesas drive.
But there won’t be any firmware updates, which also applies to the H44 (to which you can crossflash a H42 drive, if I remember correctly).

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2083567]Hi,No personal experience, but from what I’ve seen, I would prefer the Renesas drive.
[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I love/loved all my Renesas LGs.

I bought my H62N in replacement of my 4160B; it’s a Renesas drive and it works very well. In fact, I was looking for the H42N but I couldn’t find any, just the H55N, so I went and pick the H62N.

[QUOTE=juancdg;2083705]I bought my H62N in replacement of my 4160B; it’s a Renesas drive and it works very well. In fact, I was looking for the H42N but I couldn’t find any, just the H55N, so I went and pick the H62N.[/QUOTE]

the h62 is pata or sata?