Buy 1 get 1 free through today Monday 15th JVC PrintPlus! 16x DVD-R Water-Resistant White Inkjet Print 100pk

As the title says buy 1 get 1 free through today Monday 15th JVC PrintPlus! 16x DVD-R Water-Resistant White Inkjet Print 100pk
only 34 left in stock so hurry add 2 to your cart and use coupon code FREEDVDS to receive 2 for $39.99 + shipping mine came out
to $50.99 for 200 TYG03’s not all that bad of a price. :disagree:

Or if you need CDR’s instead you can get the JVC PrintPlus CD-R Media - 100pk buy 1 get 1 free also, add 2 to your cart and use
coupon code FREECDS for the same price $39.99 + shipping and I presume they are also TY discs. :iagree:

https://www.mediamegamall.com/s/29/PrintPlus.html

Thanks getit29

Coupon code still works they must have extended the sale until current stock is sold out.

Coupon Code still works Got 200 for 50.99 Not bad price, hope the quality is good.

I would ask which surface is the printable media on?

I print AquaGuard but have done WaterShield which scratches much in normal use. I would like to know of new surfaces if you would help.

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2502294]I would ask which surface is the printable media on?

I print AquaGuard but have done WaterShield which scratches much in normal use. I would like to know of new surfaces if you would help.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
My review (and complaints) at http://club.myce.com/f58/jvc-ty-16x-dvd-r-printplus-bogo-mediamegamall-308367/

[QUOTE=bulletx;2502302]My review (and complaints) at http://club.myce.com/f58/jvc-ty-16x-dvd-r-printplus-bogo-mediamegamall-308367/[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I find that with options talked of for semi-gloss it sound to be like water shield with the noticeable ring. AquaGuard has no such effect I believe.

Is surface scratching like WS or is it more durable when handled?

Thank you for helping

[QUOTE=SubZero;2502304]Thank you for reply

I find that with options talked of for semi-gloss it sound to be like water shield with the noticeable ring. AquaGuard has no such effect I believe.

Is surface scratching like WS or is it more durable when handled?

Thank you for helping[/QUOTE]
What do mean by “noticeable ring”?

I don’t have enough experience with the JVC/TY PrintPlus disks to know if they are more durable than TY Watershield disks.

I have read that some printers may cause wheel scratches on the disk as it is printed. I read that someone with an Epson found that the PrintPlus didn’t scratch while printing while the Watershields did. I have a Canon MP830 and have not experienced this problem.

I just scratched a Watershield and a PrintPlus with my fingernail. Both disks scratched easily and were noticable without magnification.

I haven’t tried immersion in water yet. There are not supposed to be water proof.

[QUOTE=bulletx;2502336]What do mean by “noticeable ring”?[/QUOTE]

Here may work to demonstrate if you look closely in the center area:

Have you yet tried AquaGuard media? Imation and Memorex are two brand and they are best that I have found.

[QUOTE=SubZero;2502372]Here may work to demonstrate if you look closely in the center area[/QUOTE]
The JVC/TY PrintPlus has a more opaque “center ring” compared to TY Watershields.

The JVC/TY PrintPlus can have a more pronounced line demarking the outer circumference of the inner ring area compared to Watershields. Also, the PrintPlus have a slightly rough and beveled appearance of about 1mm along the circumference of the outermost area the printable area.

The PrintPlus are considerably different in character and appearance that you will not mistake it for any other printable disk that I’ve seen from Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

I have not tried Aquaguard or any other printable media except for Taiyo Yuden (now JVC), Verbatim, and one spindle of TDK.

Watershields are the best appearing to me. I’d be fine with the PrintPlus if the disk quality scans weren’t so horrible, and, if the price stayed significantly lower than Watershields. Otherwise, I’ll use “regular” TY T02 printables and Verbatims (if TY quality continues selling crap quality for premium prices). I’d also like to try the highly praised disk quality scanning Falcons.

I should also look into the Aquaguards, but have had poor results with Imation and Memorex several years ago and never tried them again.

I received my order yesterday and have done some experimenting on the print area
of the PrintPlus disc’s. I started out with the printable area sized the same size as
the TY Watershields 23mm inner and 117mm outer and have found that 21mm inner
and 118mm outer works best for me no white rings to be seen on the disc anywhere.

The printable area of the discs have a kind of semi gloss and textured feel to them so
I wasn’t very sure how they would turn out after printing. I must say that I was truly
impressed after printing them that they look like they have been silk-screened like an
original disc instead being printed on an inkjet printer.

The other good thing I see about them is no roller marks to be seen anywhere on the
disc not like the Watershields are famous for, as I believe they are just a hair thinner
than the Watershield discs are.

All in all I’m very pleased with my purchase of the JVC PrintPlus disc’s I will definitely
be buying a lot more of them in the future when my media stash starts to get low. :iagree: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bulletx;2502380]I should also look into the Aquaguards, but have had poor results with Imation and Memorex several years ago and never tried them again.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I would highly recommend AquaGuard to you for trying. They are matte, yes, but are the most professional in results. There is no differentiation for the inside ring and do not scratch like water shield. I can still lick a paper towel and rub the water shield and the shiny coating rubs off and can smear beneath and when I accidentally touched my tongue to the surface, it stuck and when I removed it the coating was damaged and compromised and no longer shiny.

I am happily pleased with all AquaGuard burns I have ever made on the printed side and have no reports from my testing of bad media on Memorex or Imation.

I like AquaGuard the best of all surfaces I have seen and tried. It has been very successful for me.

The coating on AquaGuard covers 22mm to 120mm from PrintCD 1.60a on Epson R280. I use these settings for R280 configuration:

Before running Epson Print CD, open R280 Properties Dialog

MAIN TAB:

• Best Photo (Quality)
  • CD/DVD (Source)
  • CD/DVD Premium Surface (Type)
  • A4 210 x 297 mm (Size)
  • Borders Checked (Paper Options)
  • Portrait (Orientation)

ADVANCED TAB:

• CD/DVD
  • CD/DVD Premium Surface
  • Photo
  • A4 210 x 297 mm
  • Borders Checked
  • Portrait Checked
  • Uncheck any additional boxes

PRINT CD PRINT DIALOG:

• Epson Stylus Photo R280 Series (Printer)
  • 1 (Copies)
  • CD/DVD Premium Surface (Media Type)
  • Defaut - Zero (Print Color Correction)
  • None (Print Confirmation Pattern)
  • Uncheck any additional boxes
  • Might try Lighter or Darker adjustments

Thank you for the information SubZero.

[QUOTE=getit29;2502401]I received my order yesterday and have done some experimenting on the print area
of the PrintPlus disc’s. I started out with the printable area sized the same size as
the TY Watershields 23mm inner and 117mm outer and have found that 21mm inner
and 118mm outer works best for me no white rings to be seen on the disc anywhere.[/QUOTE]
They are a smidge more printable surface area compared to Watershields.

Have you done any Quality Scans on your burned disks to see the PIE’s, PIF’s and Jitter yet? The poorly performing disks I have point to a manufacturing issue and will impact the longevity and playability of the disks.

[QUOTE=bulletx;2502494]They are a smidge more printable surface area compared to Watershields.

Have you done any Quality Scans on your burned disks to see the PIE’s, PIF’s and Jitter yet? The poorly performing disks I have point to a manufacturing issue and will impact the longevity and playability of the disks.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have done all the regular tests TRT, Quality, and they come out just about as I was expecting them to
for TYG03 media it is never as good as TYG02 is but not all that bad either.

Any way here is a 18x burn burned on the 7240S and TRT, QS done on the SH-S203B

Your PIF totals are the best I can hope for. Your max PIF is drastically better than mine but I have a different scanner than you. More often I have many more PIF’s than that. That number should be roughly similar for you and for me I believe. Your PIE’s are much better than mine as well.

Regardless, previous TYG03 media I’ve had scanned consistently better than these PrintPlus I received. Even the PrintPlus CD-R scans 2-3 times more PIE’s than TY Silver Lacquer and TY Watershields. I must have a crappy batches.

Glad to see you are happy. I need another batch before I make a final decision on them. Thanks for the scans!

[QUOTE=getit29;2502594]Yes I have done all the regular tests TRT, Quality, and they come out just about as I was expecting them to
for TYG03 media it is never as good as TYG02 is but not all that bad either.

Any way here is a 18x burn burned on the 7240S and TRT, QS done on the SH-S203B[/QUOTE]

I understand that an over 16x burn will sacrifice quality of the read in pie & pif, but 1700+ seems quite high… As I recall the Verbatim UAE dvd-r’s seemed to have much better results, at least for me. I thought the TY discs were the BEST one could buy… though the 8x were the ones that were supposed to have near ZERO pifs with reasonable pie rates (good reason why they still make them for “ARCHIVAL” purposes. We know the holy grail of zero pifs is a sort of fantasy and not necessarily a perfect indicator of long-term data integrity but more of a guide.

I dunno if I could justify $25.50 per 100 pack when verbatims are about as good and usually onsale from time to time for less.

Deal is dead, too bad, they are excellent media.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2502619]I understand that an over 16x burn will sacrifice quality of the read in pie & pif, but 1700+ seems quite high… As I recall the Verbatim UAE dvd-r’s seemed to have much better results, at least for me. I thought the TY discs were the BEST one could buy… though the 8x were the ones that were supposed to have near ZERO pifs with reasonable pie rates (good reason why they still make them for “ARCHIVAL” purposes. We know the holy grail of zero pifs is a sort of fantasy and not necessarily a perfect indicator of long-term data integrity but more of a guide.

I dunno if I could justify $25.50 per 100 pack when verbatims are about as good and usually onsale from time to time for less.[/QUOTE]

Most if not all of the MIT Verbatim I have used lately burn about like the 18x TYG03 burn did maybe
just a couple of hundred less on PIF totals even when burned at regular speed or under speed.

These TYG03’s burn a lot better even at 18x than any of the TYG03 I have used before in the past ever
did even at 8x-12x or 16x burn speed.

Use to be the Verbatim MCC-004 or MCC-03RG20 was the absolute best after Yuden T002’s and TY-G02’s
but the Verbatim quality lately has been slipping down hill ever so slowly it seems except for maybe the
UAE made ones.

That is one of the main reasons why I have cut back on using Verbatim discs (the quality).