Buttons Windows7 Problem

vbimport

Hello Folks! Is there a v.clever techy out there who can solve this one?
I’ve just installed Windows7 and now my buttons don’t work.
btw, my model no. is VGN-A317M, but it’s not in the list!
I’m only bothered about getting the cdeject button going. Can you help please:bow:

[QUOTE=Flumpf;2471142]Hello Folks! Is there a v.clever techy out there who can solve this one?
I’ve just installed Windows7 and now my buttons don’t work.
btw, my model no. is VGN-A317M, but it’s not in the list!
I’m only bothered about getting the cdeject button going. Can you help please:bow:[/QUOTE]

First off did you check sony site to see if they had updates that would support 7? Also you don’t mention what version you have?? If sony is supporting that laptop they should have the updates on their site that would activate those buttons.

Hi Coolcolours
Yes I checked the Sony site. They are not providing Windows 7 drivers for my model.
I’m running Windows 7 home premium

Thank for your interest

[QUOTE=Flumpf;2471451]Hi Coolcolours
Yes I checked the Sony site. They are not providing Windows 7 drivers for my model.
I’m running Windows 7 home premium

Thank for your interest[/QUOTE]

Have you tried vista drivers they should work in 7??? Cause 7 is built on parts of vista.

Hello again Coolcolors!
I tried Vista drivers for a slightly different Vaio model, as mine wasn’t listed. This caused the mute button to work, but, sadly, not the eject.
Thanx again

[QUOTE=Flumpf;2472359]Hello again Coolcolors!
I tried Vista drivers for a slightly different Vaio model, as mine wasn’t listed. This caused the mute button to work, but, sadly, not the eject.
Thanx again[/QUOTE]

Well you do have to make sure it for the correct model to get those feature to work even if it is slightly different vaio model. There are subtle change that will or will not work. If sony is customer friendly to enduser they should have some listing for your model in Vista drivers. And a simple sony search seems to conclude your model is a European model something which I wont be able to help much on since I am from the US. You will have to go to the sony europe site and look for that particular model and see if they have Vista drivers for it.

Thanks for your advice Coolcolors…