Bush survives assassination attempt

vbimport

:slight_smile:
A shoe assassin attempted to take off GWB’s head but he missed. Poor security what if the guy had a gun!
http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?v=964098762&pl=961759481.xml&plc=961759481&launchpoint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=default_headline&config=/config/common/fan/default.xml

Somebody threw his shoes at President George W. Bush - nobody actually tried to assassinate him.
Way to go with misleading headline. :rolleyes:

The video linked above is not accessible here (probably not accessible outside the U.S.A.).

Video available here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28223089#28223089

I just watched it and laughed my a$$ off! Bush was grinning at the guy as he was throwing the shoes! He didn’t get rattled at all. It actually makes Bush look calm, cool and collected. He waved off the Secret Services guys and let the Iraqis handle it.

Very funny :bigsmile:
it’s like a Movie Matrix Comedy Version :bigsmile:

My wife comment was great wished it had hit him.

Sock it to him!
Oh never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Having a shoe thrown at him must be nothing compared to America’s foot up his ass.

There was a day if someone had done that In Iraq not only would they have been killed but there whole family.

[quote=DrageMester;2176420]Somebody threw his shoes at President George W. Bush - nobody actually tried to assassinate him.
Way to go with misleading headline. :rolleyes:

The video linked above is not accessible here (probably not accessible outside the U.S.A.).

Video available here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28223089#28223089[/quote]
Thanks! just being humorus, don’t you have irresponsible journalism in dragon land?

Not at Bush or Bush Sr. If they would have gotten that close it would have been at Saddam’s pleasure. Saddam wanted both Bush’s dead. I imagine that Saddam gets little comfort, Hell being so hot and all. Let’s face it guys, they still hate U.S., and it isn’t on any list of places I’d want to travel to. I have know a few very pleasant Iraqis here though, (actually, every one I knew was pleasant). Location, Location, Location.

[quote=jamescooley1;2177024]… don’t you have irresponsible journalism in dragon land?[/quote] Almost all of it! :iagree: :doh:

I am trying to land a job with one of those papers that headline stuff like “Bill Clinton had sex with an alien”. Truly sorry I miss lead you :flower:

“Iraqi prison officials beat prisoner for man who is a shoe-in for individual who threw his foot apparel at well trodden President”.

I guess things aren’t too different. He has suffered broken hands , ribs. and an eye injury, supposedly, though who really knows.

What a heel :rolleyes:

More…this time from journalists who want the WHOLE story told…

By now, you’ve all seen the footage of the Iraqi journalist hurling his shoes at George W. Bush during a press conference in Baghdad this past Sunday.

What has not been so widely reported are the words Muntadar al-Zaidi, a correspondent for Cairo-based al-Baghdadiya TV, shouted out. As the first shoe was thrown at Bush, he said: “This is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog.” And with his second shoe, which the president also dodged, al-Zaidi said: “This is for the widows and orphans and all those killed in Iraq.”

This bold statement also has to be understood in its cultural context. Showing the soles of your shoes to someone, let alone tossing your shoes at them, is a sign of contempt in Arab culture.

After throwing his shoes, al-Zaidi was wrestled to the ground by security personnel and hauled away. According to Democracy Now! this morning, “Muntadar al-Zaidi has been held without charge for over twenty-four hours and has been reportedly beaten in jail. His brother said al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury. Earlier today, al-Zaidi was handed over to the Iraqi military command in Baghdad.”

We urge you to join the growing international call for the release of al-Zaidi! Click here to sign a petition: http://www.iraqsnuclearmirage.com/articles/Zaydi.html

[B][I]Showing the soles of your shoes to someone, let alone tossing your shoes at them, is a sign of contempt in Arab culture.
[/I][/B]
You know i don’t know of any country that thinks throws shoes is a blessing or gives you good luck or etc… i mean come on now … shoe throwing means the same everywhere…

JAMESCOOLEYI/ AND REST OF LIB’S
BUSH is going to be history next month. So forget
about your joy over some shoes being thrown,and
turn your attention towards OBAMA, and the GOVENOR
CHICAGO SCANDLE. Which is going to be dominating the
news in the next few months. BUSH his time is over
get over him schmucks move on!
ZAP.:bigsmile:

Would he even dare to do this to a visiting foreign dignitary under Saddam’s regime? What would have happened to him in that scenario? The fact he is still alive shows the level of freedom he and all the Iraqi people have obtained since the Iraq invasion removed Saddam. I find it ironic that, by his actions, he is actually demonstrating the improvements in personal freedoms brought about by a war Bush initiated.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2176376]:slight_smile:
A shoe assassin attempted to take off GWB’s head but he missed. Poor security what if the guy had a gun!
http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?v=964098762&pl=961759481.xml&plc=961759481&launchpoint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=default_headline&config=/config/common/fan/default.xml[/QUOTE]

You would need to be a total idiot to think [B]that[/B] was an assassination attempt… come on, a pair of shoes? The reason he didn’t have a gun is because the press is screened for this stuff before being let in. The shoes were just an Arab cultural symbolizing the lowest form of hate; the soles of the shoe.

Culture education going right down the drain with news titles like these… :a

Without regard to the stupidity shown by this act, this guy has a set on him…
Dubya showed some good moves and the guy missed…
TV Theater and the current state of the world…
Most Iraqi’s are decent people but the percentage of extremists is very high and there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs…Very few services are functioning at their level prior to the War…Corruption is rampant…
We’re going to be there a long time…