Burrrn: How to display Artist?

vbimport

I’m trying to use Burrrn to burn a CD of Christmas songs for a party this Sunday.

Trouble is, I have three renditions of “Jingle Bells” and Burrrn doesn’t display the artist name.

Is there a way to get it to show the artist as well as the “Name” of the song?

I’m not sure how this would work with Burrrn on a burned CD.
Burrrn has a rename option for the song with right click on the highlighted song.
You could probably add the artist as part of the song name.
ImgBurn will let you do what you want in it’s cue file .
Of course the CD player you play it in has to have the capability of reading CD Text.
Tracks on an Audio CD just don’t tag like .mp3 files.

[QUOTE=cholla;2563644]
Of course the CD player you play it in has to have the capability of reading CD Text.[/QUOTE]:iagree: and even then the artist information must not necessarily be shown by the player.

Michael

[QUOTE=cholla;2563644]I’m not sure how this would work with Burrrn on a burned CD.
Burrrn has a rename option for the song with right click on the highlighted song.
You could probably add the artist as part of the song name…[/QUOTE]

Yeah! That works fine for my purposes. I just want to be able to know which track is which while I’m assembling a bunch of tracks to burn to a CD.

Do you know if there’s a way for Burrrn to save it’s list of tracks. Like, say, I start working on making up a list of tracks I want to burn to a CD. And then get tired and have to take a nap, so I want to shut down my computer and then come back to the project after my nap.

ImgBurn will let you do what you want in it’s cue file .

So, if I made a cue file in ImgBurn, could I import it into Burrrn?

Also, the cue file editor in ImgBurn displays the whole file path, which in my case is really long. Is there a way to tell it to just display the filename of my WAV files?

Of course the CD player you play it in has to have the capability of reading CD Text.
Tracks on an Audio CD just don’t tag like .mp3 files.

I don’t think that’s going to be an issue for me. All of my audio gear is stuff that was given to me and it’s really old (like me ;o)

Will ,There is no direct way to save the list but there are a couple of work arounds you might try.
You can right click on the list you have & save to clipboard. Then paste that into a Notepad & save the notepad. This is not ideal but you will need to do this way is do the rename on each song with a copy & paste so you don’t have to type each one .
Second workaround .
1.Copy the files in the original folder to new folder & name it what you want.
This way you still have the original names.
2. Rename all the songs to what you want in Burrn.
These files will be permanent until you delete them so will keep the names you give them.
3. Add or drag these files into Burrn .

So, if I made a cue file in ImgBurn, could I import it into Burrrn?

I didn’t know because I hadn’t tried. So I gave it a try & it worked for me.
I just used the ADD button & selected the ImgBurn.cue for the Album .

Also, the cue file editor in ImgBurn displays the whole file path, which in my case is really long. Is there a way to tell it to just display the filename of my WAV files?

In the lower left corner of the ImgBurn Cue window uncheck " Preserve Full Pathnames "

Another hint on using the ImgBurn cue function.
Once you have your songs in the cue list.
1.In the lower right Set the CD-Text to Custom in both pulldowns.
2.In CD TEXT above there dot the Custom.
3. Highlight each song as you work on naming them.
A.Togle the selection to File Name & dot it. This will give you the song name in the title window.It will be greyed.
B.Togle it back to Custom . Now it will be black & useable.
C.Put in the performer name & copy it.
D.Repeat A - C for each song.
Since you copied the Performer you can now paste that each song.

You will still see the full path in the cue but it won’t have the Full Path when you add it to Burrrn.

I don’t think that’s going to be an issue for me. All of my audio gear is stuff that was given to me and it’s really old (like me ;o)

Your CD player will just give you selection by track number with older players you won’t see the song title.
If you view it in Windows Explorer all you will see is Track01.cda , etc.

Hope that answered your Questions . Good Luck & Merry Christmas.

Whew! Thanks for going to the trouble of typing up those detailed instructions cholla.

But I hate to say that I’m afraid this project has become too much for me to handle in my weakened and fragile state of health, so, sadly, I’ve had to throw in the towel. For this year, anyway.

Next year, if I’m feeling better, I’ll start working on it in July and then maybe I can have a CD ready for a party in December.

I sure appreciate all the time and energy you guys have put into this, and wish I had the strength to put all the information you’ve provided me to good use.

Many thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you all!

Your welcome Will. Sorry to hear your not felling well enough to use this information.
You might want to copy the information to notepad & save it. Sometimes topics can be hard to find when they get old.
Merry Chirstmas