Burrrn: Burning audio CD from FLAC files

I have an album and the .cue file for it on my desktop. When I drag the .cue file to burrrn, all 16 songs appear and it looks like everything is ready to go. I click the “Burrrn” button and I get the following error message:

ERROR: Cannot open audio file “C:/DOCUME~1/xray/LOCALS~1/Temp/burrrn_temp/01_Electric Ladyland.wav”: No such file or directory
ERROR: C:\Program Files\Burrrn\burrrn.toc:67: Cannot determine length of track data specification.

I’m guessing the problem is it’s looking for .wav when it should be FLAC?

What am I doing wrong? Please use simple language; I’m totally new at this. :bigsmile:

My guess is that your CUE file has references to *.wav files instead of to .flac/.fla files (or whatever your FLAC files are called).

Try opening the CUE file in an editor (e.g. Notepad) and look for the file references.

You could also post the content of your CUE file here if in doubt.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks, DrageMester. It does mention WAVE.

TITLE "Electric Ladyland [Experience Hendrix 111 600-2]"
PERFORMER "The Jimi Hendrix Experience"
FILE “Electric Ladyland.flac” WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "…And The Gods Made Love"
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:00:32
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)"
INDEX 01 01:23:57
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Crosstown Traffic"
INDEX 01 03:33:60
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Voodoo Chile"
INDEX 01 06:00:30
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Little Miss Strange"
INDEX 01 21:00:30
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Long Hot Summer Night"
INDEX 01 23:52:27
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Come On (Let The Good Times Roll)"
INDEX 01 27:20:10
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Gypsy Eyes"
INDEX 01 31:29:37
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp"
INDEX 01 35:13:12
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Rainy Day, Dream Away"
INDEX 01 38:52:55
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "1983…(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)"
INDEX 01 42:35:15
TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE "Moon, Turn The Tides…Gently Gently Away"
INDEX 01 56:14:42
TRACK 13 AUDIO
TITLE "Still Raining, Still Dreaming"
INDEX 01 57:16:17
TRACK 14 AUDIO
TITLE "House Burning Down"
INDEX 01 61:41:65
TRACK 15 AUDIO
TITLE "All Along The Watchtower"
INDEX 01 66:14:60
TRACK 16 AUDIO
TITLE "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
INDEX 01 70:15:37

At first glance the CUE file looks good to me, provided that there is a file called [B]Electric Ladyland.flac[/B] in the same folder as your CUE file.

You could try burning the CUE file with ImgBurn or ExactAudioCopy instead, both of which are free programs.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2271524]At first glance the CUE file looks good to me, provided that there is a file called [B]Electric Ladyland.flac[/B] in the same folder as your CUE file.[/QUOTE]
In the same folder? The CUE file and the “Ladyland.flac” file are both on my desktop, not in a folder. They have to be in a folder?

Okay, I just made a new folder on my desktop and put both files in there. Now what do I do?

You could try burning the CUE file with ImgBurn or ExactAudioCopy instead, both of which are free programs.

If I can’t get this to work in Burrrn after hearing back from you I’ll give the other programs a shot.

[QUOTE=Kameo;2271532]In the same folder? The CUE file and the “Ladyland.flac” file are both on my desktop, not in a folder. They have to be in a folder?[/QUOTE] The Desktop is also a folder (although a special one).

What I mean is that the files cannot be in different folders, and the FLAC file must have the same name as stated in the CUE file.

Both files have the same name.

I just tried using ImgBurn using these instructions. When I click the ‘Open File’ button and add the .cue file, the album is all one file and not separated into tracks. I’m assuming if I burn it this way, I won’t be able to skip tracks.

Try going into Write mode instead and then select your CUE file as the source.

EDIT: As described here.

EDIT2: You might need to install the FLAC filter as listed here.

Thank you so much! I’ve been pulling my hair out attempting to figure this out by myself for hours now.

One last question: If I didn’t have a .cue file already made for me, is there a set of instructions out there that can help me make my own so the CD I burn has more than one track on it? Thanks again.