Burnt dvd's work with some players not all?

vbimport

I was wondering if there is a way to fix the problem of burnt dvd’s working only with some dvd players? The dvd’s I burned work well with an emerson player but not with sony or phillips. none of the players are more than 4 yrs old. Is this an operator malfunction or something unique to the DVDFab5 program i am using? I did select the premium pkg but I don’t think that would make a difference.

what are the blank dvd you using. dvd+r or dvd-r? what is the brand of these blank dvd’s you using

In a nutshell, many dvd players won’t play all types of media… Some will only play -r dvds. If you have a dvd burner which allows bitsetting, I recommend using +r media, and bitsetting it to -rom… -rom is as close to a pressed dvd, as you can create, and should play in almost any player. Also, use good quality media such as Taiyo Yuden, or Verbatim to ensure high quality and compatible burns…

Just thought I’d share this one with you as I’ve just managed to sort out a very similar issue with the help of one of the users on this site (Dogg).

I was creating the video_ts data with dvdSanta and then burning with videoDVDmaker. Anyway, it turns out that both software hadn’t been installed properly (my fault) so I uninstalled both and added imgburner.

Ran the programme and hey presto, my burnt DVD’s are now being recognised and are playing in both my standalone Phillips DVD players.

I use TDK DVD+R media.

Hope it helps.

Chris