Burnt DVD’s (using DVDshrink) play part pretty good until around the 1:20 mark

When I play Back up disks I’ve made with DVD Shrink they work great for about One Hour and fifteen to twenty minutes or so, then they start to freeze, breakup, start showing pixels and so on. I want to back up some Adam Sandler flicks, and some kids flicks for my granddaughter. My son burnt a couple on his DVD burner with DVD Shrink & played them on my DVD player (a 2003 Samsung) and they were fine. Any ideas, I could sure use your help.
PS I burn them at a slow speed and am using 8X TDK DVD-R
Uncle Bob

Why not tryin another media brand?
TDK is not bad at all, but sometimes dvd players doesn’t like specific brands.
And do you have tried to burn the media at its rated speed in your case 8x?
For a media compatibility with standalone players you’ll maybe find here something interesting.
http://www.videohelp.com/

First of all, this is not an issue related to DVD Shrink, just so you can rule that out. It is related to the burn quality.

Second of all, burning at a slow speed to get higher quality burns is very often a myth. In general, the media will burn best at its rated speed, as the media is optimized at its rated speed and most burners and their firmware is optimized for burning media at its rated speed as well. There are exceptions to this within every single combination of media/burner/firmware, but it is a good general rule to stick at/near the rated speed.

Next, the discs are branded as TDK, but media is defined by its ‘media code’, which tells you who actually manufactured the discs. TDK does make some of their own media, but they also have other manufacturers that produce media for their brand. Without getting too technical, your media is generally of good quality (although it’s not one of my first choices), so I would look more towards your burner, its firmware, or your burning speed to blame for poor burn quality that is causing the skipping.

Burn a disc at 8x and see if it plays properly. If it still gives you problems, tell us your burner model - you can download a free program called Nero CD-DVD Speed to get specific burner model information, as well as to find out the media code of your discs, test the burn quality of your discs, etc. Your burner will likely benefit from updated firmware, I always suggest you keep your firmware updated to the latest and/or best firmware available for your drive - it can improve the burn quality.

Wow,
Thanks to you both. Scoobie that’s a lot to think about and I will get going on it tonight and let you know the results.