Burnt DVD will not play on stand alone DVD

vbimport

I have been using CloneDVD with AnyDVD (latest versions). I have a Pioneer DVR-A09XLB burner and everything was working fine. I could burn DVD’s and watch them on any recorder however now I can only veiw the DVD on my computer the stand alone recorder does not recognise the disc. I have not changed my media and have burnt the DVD previously with no problem.

Something must have changed! ! !

Are you sure you are using the same media and have not changed the -R or +R?

Were you using 1 or the other and changed? what is the model number of your standalone…

maybe the brand of dvd is the same but the mid has changed, sounds like a bitsetting +R issue to me…

Maybe telling us also, which firmware do you have installed?

Firstly thankyou all for the advice I really appreciate it. I am now using 1.40 firmware which is the latest for the Pioneer 09 players. I have since found however that the burnt DVD will play on another stand alone DVD player and Playstation but not mine. Previousy I have always used the same media a imation DVD-RW and now it won’t recognise the disc in my DVD player where I can still play movies I have burnt before on that player? has anyone out there experienced this problem because the player still supports DVD’s that I have burnt previously using the same media as above. My next step is to burn on DVD+R and DVD-R and see if this helps

@ sparrow4u,

You state that you are using firmware version 1.40 in your Pioneer DVR-A09XL, which is the latest firmware. In fact firmware version 1.50 is the latest firmware for the Pioneer DVR-A09XL. Suggest updating your Pioneer DVR-A09XL firmware.

For information concerning your DVD burner firmware visit the CD Freaks Pioneer Forum located at (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87). There you will find the latest firmware for your Pioneer DVD Burner. The folks at the CD Freaks Hardware Forum are very knowledgeable and have developed various firmwares that optimize the full potential of your DVD Burner. When visiting the CD Freaks Hardware Forum refer to the “Read First” sticky posted in the beginning of the Forum for pertinent information.

Also when visiting the CD Freaks Pioneer Forum note which DVD media other Pioneer DVD Burner owners report that is good reliable DVD media to use in your DVD Burner.

Could you provide some information on your desktop stand-alone DVD player. What is the manufacture brand name and model number.

Best Regards,
bjkg