Burnt DVD Gone Corrupt (Clean & Scratchless)

vbimport

So here I have a bunch of DVD-Rs that simply won’t get read or recognized when i put them in the drive. no dirt no scratch, about 6 months old and were kept in a cool, dry, and dark place.

The brand is Verbatim (genuine).
I checked my drive with other DVDs and that works. no problem from that side.

What’s the problem and how to recover my data off these once good gone bad discs.

Are you trying to read the disks from the same drive used to write them? If you have access to another computer/optical drive see if it can read the disks. Can you see anything on the disks using Windows Explore? What OS and burning program do you use?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2514816]Are you trying to read the disks from the same drive used to write them?
[/QUOTE]
No I’m not

[QUOTE=Whappo;2514816]
If you have access to another computer/optical drive see if it can read the disks.
[/QUOTE]
I also tried the discs in my Xbox360 and Home theater, same result…

[QUOTE=Whappo;2514816]
Can you see anything on the disks using Windows Explore? What OS and burning program do you use?[/QUOTE]
When I put them in the drive nothing shows up, not even a disc title, like there’s no disc in the drive at all…

I’m using Linux Mint (an Ubuntu based distro) and burnt these discs with Brasero.

I burnt 25 DVDs 6 months ago, All from the same Verbatim 25 Pack Spindle, same day, OS, Burning Program, and setup. 5 of them still work without any problem, but the other 20 have the issue mentioned above.

Huh, can’t really say what the problem might be. Although I’ve used Brasero and K3b, I prefer Imgburn under Wine for burning in linux. The brand of disks shouldn’t be a factor, I also use Verbatim’s. How old is your burner? There are a couple of recovery program you can try, ddrescue, http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html and/or Roadkil, http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29. Let us know how you make out. I would still try to read the disks in a different PC if you can, not just the Xbox or stand alone player.