Burnt copy still cant find CD can anybody help?

vbimport

:confused: howdy poeple .. just bought a new burner (liteon)
and using nero burning rom ....
tried copying sims vacation it copied ok but when i put the copy in it says insert cd but it installed from it , any solutions , i have clone cd but havent tried it yet . thankyou from downunder guy,s and gal,s :smiley:

Originally posted by JoNbOy
:confused: howdy poeple … just bought a new burner (liteon)
and using nero burning rom …
tried copying sims vacation it copied ok but when i put the copy in it says insert cd but it installed from it , any solutions , i have clone cd but havent tried it yet . thankyou from downunder guy,s and gal,s :smiley:

The game is copy protected with safedisc and you can’t use nero to make a working copy (well, actually you can but it is a difficult and time consuming procedure that I’m not going to tell you about since you’re obviously new to this).

Use clonecd with the standard game cd profiles. This will give you a working copy of your game with ease in about 15 to 20 minutes.:slight_smile:

philamber,

Could you please throw some light on how Nero can be used for this purpose, maybe a link to some site, or a thread in this forum. Just wanted to know…

Thanks !

Originally posted by ExpertTech
[B]philamber,

Could you please throw some light on how Nero can be used for this purpose, maybe a link to some site, or a thread in this forum. Just wanted to know…

Thanks ! [/B]

Ha! I knew someone would bite;) LOL. See this thread

i do have clone cd full vers 4 above … you said standard game settings , should i or do i have to use a frontend like cloneyxl etc…
to setup for safedisk etc…? or do i just hit copy cd and it will do the best settings for whatever disc ? thankyou :slight_smile:

i do have clone cd full vers 4 above … you said standard game settings , should i or do i have to use a frontend like cloneyxl etc…
to setup for safedisk etc…? or do i just hit copy cd and it will do the best settings for whatever disc ? thankyou :slight_smile:

Nope, just CloneCD will do. Select the CD type as “Game” and CloneCD will do the rest. I think the LiteOn can write Safedisc protected discs. If it doesn’t, experiment with the setting ‘Amplify weak sectors’ on/off.

will try that thankyou , try burning another copy of vacation for
the daughter :slight_smile: yer the liteon is supposed to get past all protection .

Just use the game profile in ccd - or download the safedisk profile provided by the forum. In both cases AWS is not to be used with lite-ons (doesn’t help - can cauze problems).

AND please next time state the application about which the post is being made (this time nero), as it is asked by the sticky thread. This is for getting a quicker reply and at the end of the day works for your benefit :wink:

:cool: THANX philamber … clone cd did it as you said quick and easy … nero,s is inferior :Z again thanx … i loooov forum,s…

:cool: THANX philamber … clone cd did it as you said quick and easy … nero,s is inferior :Z again thanx … i loooov forum,s…

Glad it worked but nero is not inferior. It’s just meant to be used for different purposes. Nero is a general mastering application and is not designed to be used for duplicating copy protected cds. Clonecd, however, is designed for that specific purpose.:slight_smile:

yes i see im a noob ,
what is nero good for just normal data n backup ? thanx again philamber …

what is nero good for just normal data n backup?

Making music cds from mp3s for example. Also good for compilations of data and stuff. Can make (S)VCDs. And a whole lot more. :slight_smile:

can nero jion mp3 movies together ?:bigsmile:

can nero jion mp3 movies together ?:bigsmile:

Ah, mp3s aren’t movies. They’re compressed audio files.:wink:

mean,t mpeg,s i meant mpeg,s :confused: