Burnt CD wont play in CD player

vbimport

I burnt a cd last night but my cd player won’t recognize it .It works in my dvd player and pc. I burnt a podcast I saved to my mp3 player and it works on it .I sent it to my documents and it is a guy talking about history.I burnt it in Nero in audio data …What may I have done wrong?
Neil

Some Cd players won’t recognize burnt CD’s because of the mp3 files on there(i.e bootleg files…mine use to do it til I got an ipod). Buy blank CD-R(memorex is good for this). Or, just do it the honest way and buy them from rhapsody. :slight_smile:

Since the disc obviously works, I’d have to say try a different media. Your CD player likely doesn’t like the brand/type of disc.

[QUOTE=xcaret;2162066]I burnt a cd last night but my cd player won’t recognize it .It works in my dvd player and pc. I burnt a podcast I saved to my mp3 player and it works on it .I sent it to my documents and it is a guy talking about history.I burnt it in Nero in audio data …What may I have done wrong?
Neil[/QUOTE]

What brand of discs are you using, and what speed are you burning at?

You say you burnt it in Nero as audio (as opposed to an .mp3 data disc), so that should check out fine.

Perhaps try burning at 16x, and if that doesn’t help, switch media brands. I’d recommend Sony CD-R, as with most other brands (Maxell, Phillips etc), you don’t really know who manufactured the discs til you buy them :wink:

:iagree:
Especially older CD players can be extremely picky with CD-R.
The playability of such a disc in this player is not only depending on the burn speed and media, it is also depending on the drive the disc was burnt with.

My JVC UX-T1 can’t play CMCs burnt with my Liteon DVD burner @16x. No problem with the same media and speed if I use my Pioneer DVDRW.
Oh yes, it doesn’t accept TY CD-R at all :eek:

Michael