Burnt cd wont play in cd player only pc

[B]Burnt a cd-r on the pc wont play in my cd player , , used to use packard bell cd-r they worked in both cd player and car as well , i am now using cheap cd-rs but also bought some Sony cd-r s they dont work either , please help , what is the best cd-r to burn? also downloaded free version of nero 9 , thought that would help but same problem

jules
[/B]

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Jules1;2453715]Burnt a cd-r on the pc wont play in my cd player , , used to use packard bell cd-r they worked in both cd player and car as well , i am now using cheap cd-rs but also bought some Sony cd-r s they dont work either , please help ,[/quote]These CD-R that worked before may have been sourced from other manufacturers than the newer ones.
Especially older CD players don’t support CD-R well, so the

[ul]
[li]blank discs[/li][li]burn speed and[/li][li]CD writer[/li][/ul]need to be carefully chosen.
Get the free trial of Opti Drive Control from www.cdspeed2000.com and use the “Disc Info” button to identify the MID (Media ID) of your discs and compare them with those that worked.

Additionally, you may consider to clean the lens of your CD player.

what is the best cd-r to burn?
Media made by Taiyo Yuden.
also downloaded free version of nero 9 , thought that would help but same problem
Such problems are normally not software related.

Michael

[Could you advise which are the best cd-r s that will work in cd players? and advise were i can obtain packard bell cd-r discs , many thanks

QUOTE=mciahel;2453748]Hi and Welcome!These CD-R that worked before may have been sourced from other manufacturers than the newer ones.
Especially older CD players don’t support CD-R well, so the

[ul]
[li]blank discs[/li][li]burn speed and[/li][li]CD writer[/li][/ul]
need to be carefully chosen.
Get the free trial of Opti Drive Control from www.cdspeed2000.com and use the “Disc Info” button to indentify the MID (Media ID) of your discs and compare them with those that worked.

Additionally, you may consider to clean the lens of your CD player.
Media made by Taiyo Yuden. Such problems are normally not software related.

Michael[/QUOTE]