Burnt audio cds not showing on windows

vbimport

Hi. Im working on windows XP home, service pack 3 with a sony dvdrw drive. This problem hasnt happened before, an ive searched everywhere for an answer but with no sucess. I copied some of my cds of the car, and lost the origonals (never lend out ur cds!!!). Now im trying to rip the copies to my computer. Well anyway, i put in the audio cd, and it shows up as an empty cd. Comercial CDS work, but my copied ones dont. Any suggestions will be appretiated!!!

@ Jpad,

Welcome to the Forum.

Since your original Commercially Manufactured Audio CDs work correctly in your Sony DVD Burner indicates that your Sony DVD Burner is functioning correctly and it appears that your personally recorded Audio CDs possibly have recording flaws that are preventing then from being recognized correctly by your Sony DVD Burner.

Suggest using the Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip) utility diagnostic software program and perform a ScanDisc surface scan of your problematic personally recorded Audio CDs. If the Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan reveals any Red (Bad) and/or Yellow (Damaged) sectors indicate flaws in your personally recorded Audio CDs.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for your reply. The thing is, it seems to do it with all burnt audio cds, ones that work on a audio CD player and other computers. Any other ideas???

@ Jpad,

Even though your problematic personally recorded Audio CDs may appear to work correctly in various Audio CD playback devices doesn’t mean that these personally recorded Audio CDs were in fact recorded correctly without any read/write CRC (cyclic redundancy check) flaw errors. Each Audio CD playback device has different read tolerances and some are pickier than others but bottom line is that a properly recorded Audio CD will not have ANY read/write CRC (cyclic redundancy check) flaw errors. The definitive means to ensure these personally recorded Audio CDs are in fact error free is to use a diagnostic software program similar to Nero CD-DVD Speed.

Once again suggest using the Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip) utility diagnostic software program and perform a ScanDisc surface scan of your problematic personally recorded Audio CDs. If the Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan reveals any Red (Bad) and/or Yellow (Damaged) sectors indicate read/write CRC (cyclic redundancy check) flaw errors in your personally recorded Audio CDs. A properly recorded Audio CD will not contain any Red (Bad) and/or Yellow (Damaged) sectors.

The major cause of read/write CRC (cyclic redundancy check) flaw errors is the use of poor quality blank CD Media. Another cause of read/write CRC (cyclic redundancy check) flaw errors is Media reflectivity degradation. Nothing lasts forever - over time CD/DVD Media deteriorate – exposure to sunlight and heat causes CD/DVD Media to deteriorate.

Regards,
bjkg

Because its showing as a blank disc, its not letting me perform the ScanDisc test. Its all greyed out. HELP