Burns but won't play on DVD attached to TV

Hi all,

Great that I found you and this is my first post so be gentle :smiley:

I have used several different clients to burn dvd’s and I can view them on my PC but no way can I get them recognised on the dvd attached to the TV, just won’t play… Help what am I doing wrong :confused:

Cheers,
traker

What software are you burning with? What brand of media? Are you finalizing the burn?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This has been answered many times :doh:

This problem most of times is due to a bad burned disc, and most of times this is due to a low quality disc. Use quality media (Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden), usually this entirely solve the problem.

Some old standalones are really picky about media, so another trick to improve compatibility is burning a +R disc changing the booktype in ROM.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;1981246]What software are you burning with? What brand of media? Are you finalizing the burn?[/QUOTE]
I am using Verbatim ‘Lightscribe’ DVD+R, I have used used "Cheetah DVD Burner, ‘Dropix’, ‘Ashampoo’ & Nero 7, yes I finalise the disk.

I am trying to play the finalised DVD on a Lennox DVD Player its about 2-3 years old and had very little use. It plays commercial DVD’s perfectly.

[QUOTE=traker;1981340]I am using Verbatim ‘Lightscribe’ DVD+R, I have used used "Cheetah DVD Burner, ‘Dropix’, ‘Ashampoo’ & Nero 7, yes I finalise the disk.

I am trying to play the finalised DVD on a Lennox DVD Player its about 2-3 years old and had very little use. It plays commercial DVD’s perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Does your standalon player support +R media, some do not and you need to booktype them to -Rom which commercial DVD’s are

I am not sure about +R in the DVD Manual it states it can play DVD Disc - Super VCD disc - VCD & Audio CD-DA HDCD.

So maybe I should try the -Rom if I can figure out how to do that :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help it’s appreciated, Geno888, the question may have been answered many times but when I searched using my limited newbie abilities I could not find an answer, sorry to have been a burden to the Group. ANd I have no idea what a bookend means or how to acheive one :slight_smile:

What is the make of your DvD burner?

This is important to know to know. We need to know if it supports booktyping because this is where the DvD+R is changed to a DvD-Rom. A combination of this with the Verbatim media and you should be good to go along with the appropriate software which supports booktyping.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1983713]What is the make of your DvD burner?

This is important to know to know. We need to know if it supports booktyping because this is where the DvD+R is changed to a DvD-Rom. A combination of this with the Verbatim media and you should be good to go along with the appropriate software which supports booktyping.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi platinumsword & thanks for the reply. Sorry it’s taken so long to answer but real life got in the way, as it does :rolleyes:

The DVD Burner is a ASUS DRW-1814BL 18X18 DVD±R Lightscribe.

I hope that helps you to help me.

Thanks
traker

Did you try to update firmware?

Check out this post: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/asus-drw-1814bl-bitsettting-pls-help-219526/
It covers bitsetting with your burner…

Thanks very much