Burns but cant be read

I have a MAJOR! problem… first ill give you as much information as i have and solutions iv already tried to stop repeating the situation, like some crappy tech phone line lol… no i do not wish to turn my laptop off for 30 seconds and switch it back on.

I currently have an Acer Aspire 9300 running on windows XP professional SP2
I recently started to have this problem with my DVD-RW drive, i have burned discs before, data disks, image files, movies, audio and copied disks, but really recently i burned a data disc as im planning a complete OS reboot to a new OS. at this point what OS im switching too is irrelevant as i haven’t made the switch over as i have Files i CANT! lose. however after i burned the disk and entered it back into my laptop the disk drive showed a disk with 0 bytes on it, 0 bytes free. and when clicked. My Computer decides to become unresponsive and the only solution is ending it in task manager

i tried doing this. trouble shooter by microsoft where i had to reg edit, and delete upper and lower registry files… it was complex but i have no fear ias i dont think i did anything wrong, as after doing this i can now SUCCESFULLY watch standard DVD’s that are packaged and bought from the shop. like American Pie. but i still cannot view anythin i have personally burned. Data disks, music, movies.

im completely flummoxed

I had a look for the drivers for my DVD-RW drive… but the sony website has none that i can find… maybe i need some sort of firmware update or perhaps it something else

Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7530a

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

if anyone knows of anythin i can do or they need more information from me, in anyway to help, or figure out a solution to this problem id be glad to provide more.

sorry for being so long

Chris

Well since you say,

“can now SUCCESFULLY watch standard DVD’s that are packaged and bought from the shop. like American Pie. but i still cannot view anything i have personally burned. Data disks, music, movies.”

Maybe the DVD drive does not like the media used…What media are you using? What speed? How and with what tools/methods are you creating and burning your non viewable files?..

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2199735]Well since you say,

“can now SUCCESFULLY watch standard DVD’s that are packaged and bought from the shop. like American Pie. but i still cannot view anything i have personally burned. Data disks, music, movies.”

Maybe the DVD drive does not like the media used…What media are you using? What speed? How and with what tools/methods are you creating and burning your non viewable files?..[/QUOTE]

The disc im using are a cheap DVD-RW from Asda shopping giant, they have worked in the past with this same dvd-rw drive with no problems what so ever

speed: iv burned at 8X 6x 4x and 2x which was all excrutiatingly boring and took me ages… none worked.

and the burning program i am using is Ashampoo 8.2 i think, this has also worked with the Asda discs… all though on my last burn it said burn succesful, but then on trying to verify the disc with ashampoo it said the media was not compatible with the drive. or something along those lines ¬.¬ its beginning to be annoying.

Ill be back in a few days dont assume iv figured it out or given up hope from you lovely people

IMO, your best bet is to try with better media…Verbatims, and Taiyo Yuden, are [I][B]very reliable[/B][/I]…And maybe give IMGburn a spin as well…
Have a lovely day! :bigsmile:

Cheers,
T

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2199933]IMO, your best bet is to try with better media…Verbatims, and Taiyo Yuden, are [I][B]very reliable[/B][/I]…And maybe give IMGburn a spin as well…
Have a lovely day! :bigsmile:

Cheers,
T[/QUOTE]

i will have a look for these verbatims you speak of ^^

and i wil try imgburn… it seems upsetting to find my ashampoo with its easy functionability and price. and user friendly layout. that i paid for doesnt work :frowning:

one more question… why would discs iv used before suddenly cease to work…