Burnout 3 audio conversion

vbimport

Hey guys,

I tried converting some audio files from Burnout 3 with MFAudio, but they always come out in-audible, even when changing the settings around.

I’ve uploaded the files to a sharing site in a zip (too large to upload here) that i want to convert, so if anyone wants to have a shot at it, go for it. :iagree:

I downloaded it but nothing I have would even play the .rws files .
MFAudio did convert to a .wav file . Then I could play the .wav but as you know the sound was bad.
These two links are about using MFAudio to rip to a .wav file.
I don’t have anything to test this with .
I suggest you use the settings in the example images in the links.
Rip this from your Burnout 3 disc.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/280586-Ripping-music-from-ps2-games

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/282209-Rip-the-music-from-your-favourite-playstation-2-game

Please post if it works . You should end up with a .wav file.
A very large one from what I could tell with reading this.
Then a converter like Audacity should be able to compress it to other formats or even a more compressed .wav.

[QUOTE=cholla;2739503]I downloaded it but nothing I have would even play the .rws files .
MFAudio did convert to a .wav file . Then I could play the .wav but as you know the sound was bad.
These two links are about using MFAudio to rip to a .wav file.
I don’t have anything to test this with .
I suggest you use the settings in the example images in the links.
Rip this from your Burnout 3 disc.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/280586-Ripping-music-from-ps2-games

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/282209-Rip-the-music-from-your-favourite-playstation-2-game

Please post if it works . You should end up with a .wav file.
A very large one from what I could tell with reading this.
Then a converter like Audacity should be able to compress it to other formats or even a more compressed .wav.[/QUOTE]

Tried the two methods and they (sorta) worked. The audio appears to have two segments crossed into one.

Thanks! :D:iagree:

Update: Managed to get some audio out of them, but there is a static-like noise stuttering through all 20 of them.

I would cut all the static noise out but school always gets to me and therefore i don’t have alot of time to do all of them.

I uploaded all the newer ones, so if anyone wants to do them, link below.

I DLed & listened to the second set.
I don’t think the static & other “bad” audio can be removed from those .wav files.
IMO MFAudio is not ripping the audio correctly . Maybe it is the wrong software for this.
I don’t know what the best software for this would be as I usually don’t work with games. I just went with the software you have already used & what someone on the video.help forum used.

There is a moderator Terramex on the forum here that has posted quite a bit about copying games . Maybe he hasn’t been on the forum & seen this thread. You might PM him & ask if he knows a good program to rip the audio from Burnout 3 .

I would probably use a screen capture software if I was trying to get better audio & then extract the audio from that. But as I said I usually don’t work with games . I have used my screen capture software with other type videos & the audio sounded OK.

[QUOTE=cholla;2739537]I DLed & listened to the second set.
I don’t think the static & other “bad” audio can be removed from those .wav files.
IMO MFAudio is not ripping the audio correctly . Maybe it is the wrong software for this.
I don’t know what the best software for this would be as I usually don’t work with games. I just went with the software you have already used & what someone on the video.help forum used.

There is a moderator Terramex on the forum here that has posted quite a bit about copying games . Maybe he hasn’t been on the forum & seen this thread. You might PM him & ask if he knows a good program to rip the audio from Burnout 3 .

I would probably use a screen capture software if I was trying to get better audio & then extract the audio from that. But as I said I usually don’t work with games & I have used my screen capture software with other type videos & the audio sounded OK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. :D:iagree:
I’ll look around the internet and see what else i could do :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=nemesis_007;2739538]Thanks for the help. :D:iagree:
I’ll look around the internet and see what else i could do :)[/QUOTE]

Cutting the static out with audacity seems to leave out the main audio that i want, but its way too time consuming.

I tried a different converter i found. This one seems to know its a RenderWare Sound file (which it is), but when i put in the correct frequency and other stuff, it stutters, but without the static.

I zipped the exported audio again as well as the converter incase i did something wrong lol :slight_smile:

I listened to this one also I agree most of the static was gone except at the start.
I hear the stutter better now. I think I would call it a pulse .If I’m hearing what you are. The sound increases then decreases at a regular rate.
What are you using as your recording device in Windows?
I use stereo mix . This depends on the sound card or chip you have & can be different. I’ve never tried it but there is also a mono option. If you have any similar settings you might try those when you rip the audio from the game disc.
Other than that I’m back to suggesting trying a screen capture software.
Then extract the audio from the audio/video it creates.
I have two of these programs.
One is payware but I got it free when it was on giveawayoftheday but that has been some time ago. My old version seems to work well.It is Bandicam .

The other is limited freeware . It sometimes captures OK & sometimes it doesn’t.
So with that limitation on recommending it. It is Debut Video Capture Software by NCH.

[QUOTE=cholla;2739706]I listened to this one also I agree most of the static was gone except at the start.
I hear the stutter better now. I think I would call it a pulse .If I’m hearing what you are. The sound increases then decreases at a regular rate.
What are you using as your recording device in Windows?
I use stereo mix . This depends on the sound card or chip you have & can be different. I’ve never tried it but there is also a mono option. If you have any similar settings you might try those when you rip the audio from the game disc.
Other than that I’m back to suggesting trying a screen capture software.
Then extract the audio from the audio/video it creates.
I have two of these programs.
One is payware but I got it free when it was on giveawayoftheday but that has been some time ago. My old version seems to work well.It is Bandicam .

The other is limited freeware . It sometimes captures OK & sometimes it doesn’t.
So with that limitation on recommending it. It is Debut Video Capture Software by NCH.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :D, I’ll try and see what else I can do, if something comes up I’ll post back here :slight_smile: