Burning

vbimport

ive been using dvdfab for awhile now. just recently when i put in a blank dvd to burn it ejects it and says i need to use a double layer dvd. why? ive used the same ones for over 2000 movies. memorex dvd+r is there something somewhere i need to change?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Have you chosen “DVD5” from the drop-down menu in DVDFab, rather than DVD9?

It’s on the main screen left hand bottom DVD5 SL / DVD9 DL media

i havent paid for dvdfab, i just use the free version, so it wont let me change it. is there anything else i can do? dont understand why it changed.

Not sure why you were able to do it before, unless the discs you backed up before were small enough to fit onto a single-layer disc without shrinking.

Have you tried: backing up your DVD to an ISO image with DVDFab free first, then using something like DVD Shrink to compress the image to fit onto a single layer disc?

Take a look in my signature, you might find something to help you.

Did your trial version just run out

my trial ran out about 2 months ago. i just did the new version of fab and now i get a 105 error when it starts to burn. media too big for disc. i have used the same discs (memorex dvd+r).
nero 9 doesnt work on shrink. what else can i do? dont know about the iso and imgburn stuff, is there somewhere to read about that.

Check out the forum here for Imgburn

http://club.myce.com/f153/

or

Check my signature for the link to Imgburn and then choose Guides

Free and simple to use for burning you would still need DVD Shrink to get it to size.

what else can i do? dont know about the iso and imgburn stuff, is there somewhere to read about that.

Hmmmmm?