Burning with nero vision nero7

vbimport

ive been burning with nero vision for a while now with no problems how ever recently i beagan to transcode a movie file that worked ok but before it started to burn error came up disk full error…now the media im using are sony dvd-r brand new.

My hard drive has plenty of space …please someone help me

thunderoz

Welcome to CDFreaks Forum;

May be you should empty your temp files from temp directory and try to free as much system memory as possible by deactivating every program that is active in the background, if that did not do it try to restore your system windows registry to a month or so back.

How much space do you have free on your hard drive?

i have 28G left on hard drive…this problem is buggin me anyone with any ideas.

i have deleted temp files still nothing has changed…

please help
thunderoz

thanks to those that have posted help for me.im still havin bit of trouble…im reposting as my thread is a fair way down …

thanks in advance

If you save the log after it errors out and post it, that might help us find the problem. I have been thinking abut it but nothing much obvious pops to mind (set to dvd-9 instead of dvd5 or something like that?).

first, never burn directly to dvd, try to transcode or encode to your hard drive

check the files out then

if they are still too big use recode or dvdshrink to make them fit

there is no log for me to save…i have the nero vision set to fit to disk automatically…this has worked before regardless of the file size just quality drops.

I have made more room on hard drive still no luck…when the error says disk full. what disk are they talking about?

If someone could tell me how to save a log file as normally this is popped up when there is a error however this error it is not…

Why oh why oh why me…

Thanks in advance

thunderoz

obviously neveryone is getting their much needed sleep. hope fully i got some good ideas in morning. Still p… me off

28gb free on which partition, and on which is Nero installed?

when u say which partition u mean ??? c: drive please explain a lil more and i’ll find out the info for u
pretty sure ive got just the 1 partition

Thanks mate

Thunderoz

Its probably better if you post a logfile here, remove any serial before…

how do i do that
sorry for being stupid…

When you get the failure in Nero it gives you the option to save the log file. Do that & then post it back here either by opening it in Notepad & doing a cut & paste job or using the go Advanced option , take Manage Attachments & then in the new window presented browse for the log file & upload it.

seriously im not getting a option to save a log file…its not like if burned failed…

This tells me to put another disk in… its very weird
Is there some other way we can get around this. im using sony dvd/r 4.7G
trying to burn a 700MB avi file

Have you recently installed Alcohol 120% or using a new brand or batch of DVDs?

no alcohol 120% but it is a new batch in which i have burnt 3 - 4 disks with bin files only

Nero has a useful tool called CD Speed - it’s found under the toolkit.

Run that with a blank disc in & take the Disc Info tab. At the top right there’s a “floppy” icon. Click on that and save the screen image as a png format file and then post that image back here using Go Advanced & Manage Attachments.

here it is cheers mate

what do u think it looks all good to me…so what can we do next…i really do appreciate all the help im gettin from everyone…thanks thanks alot