Burning with Nero in Windows Server 2003

vbimport

I’ve recently installed Nero 6 on my system and I’m having problems with my drive being recognised when users are logged in as Power Users. I can burn CD’s no problem when I’m logged in, as i’m an administrator.

I used to have the same problem when running Windows Server 2000, but installing Burnrights sorted this. I installed Burnrights on my Windows Server 2003 machine, but it doesn’t appear in the control panel and when you try to uninstall it it says ‘Burnrights not detected on system’

I would like to be able to let all users use the CD burner, any ideas on this anyone ?

Thanks

JP

I too am having the same problem, let me know if you fix it :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve managed to fix it, thankfully.

Here’s a quick how to:

First thing, uninstall Burnrights, or get rid of any instances that you may of tried to install. Then right click the Burnrights installer exe, select “Properties”, “Compatability”, then select the “Compatability mode” as “Run this program in compatability mode for:” “Windows XP” and click “Apply” and “OK”.

Then simply install as normal and the Nero Burnrights icon should appear in the Control Panel. Remember that you have to restart after any Burnrights changes.

The best way to set Burnrights up I found was to setup the Nero user group and then just assign users to this.

I think Ahead should post something on there site about this as it would be really helpful for people with Server 2003 and I expect we are not the only ones with this problem.

I hope this helps.

JP

Thanks for the reply.

Now got Burn Rights installed and accessable via the Control Panel :slight_smile:

Still got the problem that you need Admin right which you try and access it. :confused:

You will need Admin rights to access Burnrights as far as I know, but you should be able to allow low level users to access the CD burner from now on.

Yes I can access as Admin to access Burnrights.

But all the users who are trying to use the drive it just keeps coming back saying you need admin rights :frowning:

The users are using Windows Media 9 and trying to create a CD.

I’m not too sure about how media player 9 works for copying cd’s, sorry.

I’ve posted a similar thread on CDRLABS about the burnrights problem: http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=107452 . There is someones actually from Ahead(Nero) answering that particular thread. Perhaps you could post in there and see what they say.

Many thanks.

The problem only seems to be with Windows Media Player, as Nero is working okay standalone :slight_smile:

Sorry, what I meant was you could ask the person from Ahead(nero) about the Windows Media Nero Fast CD-Burning plugin ? They may be able to give you a solution.

Thanks I have done that too :slight_smile: