Burning with DVD+R DL

vbimport

I have literally spent the past several months visiting countless websites, reading through others suggestions and advise when it came to copying and or burning disks (very time consuming, but I eventually had sucess).

I was able to create an Iso image using DVD Decrypter, then (using DVD Shrink) I would shrink the file size down to a size that would fit onto a 4.7GB Blank DVD. This worked fine for the most part, until I started creating ISO images that were around 8GB. At that point, the only way I could get the Iso image small enough to fit onto the 4.7GB Disk was to use the re-author function in the DVD shrink program. This ended up cutting out all the extra features and menus I had created.

I figured the only way I could keep everything was to get a blank dvd that had the compacity to hold the whole ISO Image. I recently went out and bought 8.5GB Memorex DVD+R DL’s (Expensive). Every time I attempt to burn the ISO image to the 8.5GB disk I get the error code 060277-26-2A030c00.

Here’s how I’ve always burned in the past:

1. Simply double click the ISO file (this brings up my Toshiba burner)
  2. I put in the blank disk
  3. Changed the burn setting to 9 8.5GB blank media
  4. And clickd burn
    (And I got the Error code 060277-26-2A030c00 about 1/4th of the way through the burn)

I also have the latest version of Image burn. From what I’ve read on that, is I may need to change the book type or something along those lines.

So my questions are…

Do I need to change the booktype settings or any other settings for this to work?

Because I would like to eventually burn the ISO created by DVD Decrypter onto a dual layer disk, will I have to change any settings when I create the ISO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome to the forums VinMac3.

Both of the decryption programs you have mentioned are extremely outdated, and will not work with many newer films with advanced protection. I suggest you get the trial for DVDFab. While the trial is functional, it will rip and compress for you, but even after the trial is finished, there is a free section within it that will continue to function as a decrypter and ripper. It is called DVDFab HD Decrypter. The only caveat is that it will lag behind the commercial version in updates by 60 days.

Another free option, this time completely free, is BD Lot DVD ISO Master. It will rip the entire movie for you, but the output will be in an ISO file. If you want to compress with DVDShrink, it can open ISO files directly by clicking Ctrl I. You can also mount ISO files in a virtual drive, like the free one from Slysoft called VirtualClone Drive. Once mounted, you can work with the ISO file in any program.

If you need better quality when compressing movies, I’d suggest DVDRebuilder. It uses an encoder, rather than the transcoder found in DVDShrink. There is a free version of DVDRebuilder available. And it does have the option to compress the entire movie, menus and all.

Now, on to burning +R DL disks. The first problem is your choice of media. The only DL disks that are widely available that we recommend are sold under the Verbatim brand. Don’t use Memorex.

The second issue…a Toshiba burner? How old is this drive? Can you give us the model number? It should show up in ImgBurn.

Virtually any modern burner will set booktype to DVD Rom for you automatically when using +R DL media. So you shouldn’t have to set anything.

That is one of the worst crap DL media you can buy…

I just would grab [B]Verbatim DL media[/B], everything else is a big hit and more miss gameplay.

Even if you want to rip with DVDDecrypter, burn the images/ISO using Imgburn.

As for free rippers, you may check out the free DVDFabHDDecrypter software.

[QUOTE=VinMac3;2625869]I have literally spent the past several months visiting countless websites, reading through others suggestions and advise when it came to copying and or burning disks (very time consuming, but I eventually had sucess).

I was able to create an Iso image using DVD Decrypter, then (using DVD Shrink) I would shrink the file size down to a size that would fit onto a 4.7GB Blank DVD. This worked fine for the most part, until I started creating ISO images that were around 8GB. At that point, the only way I could get the Iso image small enough to fit onto the 4.7GB Disk was to use the re-author function in the DVD shrink program. This ended up cutting out all the extra features and menus I had created.

I figured the only way I could keep everything was to get a blank dvd that had the compacity to hold the whole ISO Image. [B] I recently went out and bought 8.5GB Memorex DVD+R DL’s (Expensive)[/B]. Every time I attempt to burn the ISO image to the 8.5GB disk I get the error code 060277-26-2A030c00.

Here’s how I’ve always burned in the past:

1. Simply double click the ISO file (this brings up my Toshiba burner)
  2. I put in the blank disk
  3. Changed the burn setting to 9 8.5GB blank media
  4. And clickd burn
    (And I got the Error code 060277-26-2A030c00 about 1/4th of the way through the burn)

I also have the latest version of Image burn. From what I’ve read on that, is I may need to change the book type or something along those lines.

So my questions are…

Do I need to change the booktype settings or any other settings for this to work?

Because I would like to eventually burn the ISO created by DVD Decrypter onto a dual layer disk, will I have to change any settings when I create the ISO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!![/QUOTE]