Burning WAV files to DVDs

Hi. I’d like to burn WAV files (from audio CDs) on to DVDs so that they can be played by any DVD player. What software/freeware is out there that can do this?

Just so there’s no confusion, I’m not talking about “DVD Audio” which is a specific format that only some DVD machines can play. I mean audio DVD.

thnx

Hi sc_1004 and welcome:

You can try http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/index.htm and there is a 30 day trial.

You can download the trial version and try it 30 days for free. After the trial period, you must pay a registration fee to continue using it.

Trial version limit: Only the first 5 titles, and the first 5 songs in each title will be created. After you purchase Audio DVD Creator, this limitation will be removed automatically.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2142010]Hi sc_1004 and welcome:

You can try http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/index.htm and there is a 30 day trial.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Has anyone tried this? Is there any freeware that will do the same thing?

Can I use a DVD disc to burn an audio CD in the WAV format. - ie, I pop a DVD instead of CD and rip the audio files using any of the popular burning software. Or will my PC recognize that I have the wrong type of disc.

If this works, can I burn more than one audio CD on to a single DVD.

And would a regular DVD player be able to play all the albums.

Basically the answer to your desired endpoint is no.

Some DVD players and recorders will play back WAV files, and you can organise them into folders (e.g. as albums). Although putting multiple CD images on a DVD is possible, I cannot imagine there’s a DVD player that will recognise and play them.

[B]@sc_1004:[/B] please keep all your questions about WAV files on DVDs in the same place, rather than posting across the forums.

[I]Two threads merged and moved to the Audio section[/I].

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2142198]Basically the answer to your desired endpoint is no.

Some DVD players and recorders will play back WAV files, and you can organise them into folders (e.g. as albums). Although putting multiple CD images on a DVD is possible, I cannot imagine there’s a DVD player that will recognise and play them.[/QUOTE]

Most DVD players will play WAV files since most will play audio CDs. So if I can burn multiple audio CDs on to a single DVD, why wouldn’t the player be able to read that?

Btw, besides the program mentioned above, what software would allow me to burn WAV files on to DVDs and “organize them into folders”? How would I do this?

[QUOTE=sc_1004;2142346]Most DVD players will play WAV files since most will play audio CDs. So if I can burn multiple audio CDs on to a single DVD, why wouldn’t the player be able to read that?[/QUOTE]Just because a player will play CDs doesn’t mean they’ll play WAV files on a DVD. For a start the digitised sound is organised slightly differently on a CD and has the file extension [I].cda[/I]. The data can be extracted and saved as a Microsoft [I].wav[/I] file but I bet if you burned those straight onto a CD, the same player wouldn’t read them then.

Then there’s the question of multiple CD images - which is what I presume you mean - burned on a DVD. The DVD player would have to have firmware specifically written to recognise this; something which I have not heard of as existing.

[QUOTE=sc_1004;2142347]Btw, besides the program mentioned above, what software would allow me to burn WAV files on to DVDs and “organize them into folders”? How would I do this?[/QUOTE]You can use ImgBurn in ‘Build’ mode to burn the folder structure. But first you should find out whether the DVD player can recognise WAV files in the first place.

I wanted to know about the same thing (burning multiple CDs to DVDs in Wav)
and just ran across this post.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
It is primarily for storage, as DVDs hold so much more information than CDs.
Theoretically one should be able to hold 5 or more CDs on a DVD (depending on the size of the original CD).
If this is not possible, is there any format that will work that can be re-ripped to WAV?

AFAIK, there is no problem placing audio files on a DVD for storage. The original poster wants to place them on a DVD and play them on a DVD player. That is significantly different from what you are asking.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2142841]AFAIK, there is no problem placing audio files on a DVD for storage. The original poster wants to place them on a DVD and play them on a DVD player. That is significantly different from what you are asking.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll try it. I suppose with the cost of hard drives down so far, it might not make sense, but it’s worth a try just for the heck of it!

I think it’d help if things were more clear: do you want to play the WAV’s back in a player on your computer, or a stand-alone DVD player?

If your playing it back via a computer, or to back up your WAV’s, there’s no problem, just treat it like a data dvd.

If you wish for playback in stand-alone dvd-players, then it’s mostly a question of what the dvd-player is capable of. Some DVD players can now even play MP3 dvd’s. It’s all a question of what the player itself is capable of, which will vary from one to another past playing commercial-quality dvd movies. The age of the player also comes into play.

My answer was very late. I have a CD that has 60 songs in it.However the CD can only accommodate 80 mins with 700 mg. It was done through limewire in 2004

I have question why I joined this forum now. I have a DVD disc and I want to use this DVD disc for my MP3…is that possible? How? anybody?

Thanks

[QUOTE=jey;2674985]My answer was very late. I have a CD that has 60 songs in it.However the CD can only accommodate 80 mins with 700 mg. It was done through limewire in 2004[/QUOTE]

…has nothing to do with this thread anyway…-…
An AudioCD/CDDA can hold up to 99 tracks. A CD-R/W with “playlength” of 80min can hold up to 702MB…

I have a DVD disc and I want to use this DVD disc for my MP3…is that possible? How? anybody?

Means what exactly? I cannot see a logic into that.

Oh I\m sorry, I got it. don’t bother, but thanks.

Jey

It always depends on what content is on that media, regardless of what media…
So, is it mp3 or music only???

Thanks guyz:)