Burning Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

I’m using CloneCD Version 5.2.5.1, I have used up to 6(six) blank CD-Rs to burn the game but no success, first few times, I burned it at a very quick speed, the other times I went down to x4 as well as x2. No success. I have used different methods such as READ TO IMAGE FILE as well as burn ON THE FLY. Still no success, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong? Can people possibly burn this game successfully?

I have a SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-104C A101(F:) and the burner is PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104 4.10(E:)

Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you.

First tell us which release of WCIII you have; version 1.0 or a later release as the protection (and appropriate back-up method) differs.

Hello philamber, sir. I have WCIII Reign of Chaos version 1.04 I believe. I would have to reinstall Warcraft III again to find out the version because of patches.

I just checked the RoC CD I have. It says 1.0. Are you implying that if your CD says differently (not a 1.0 version) DPM may be needed whereas it is not needed for the 1.0 disc? I didn’t realize there was more than one version before now.

We need to know what version was on the unpatched original disc. See below.

I just checked the RoC CD I have. It says 1.0. Are you implying that if your CD says differently (not a 1.0 version) DPM may be needed whereas it is not needed for the 1.0 disc? I didn’t realize there was more than one version before now.

Yes, the game was so successful, certainly the most successful for the period of 5 years up to and including that of its release (and probably since then too), that there have been several releases.

You are correct in stating that dpm isn’t needed for v. 1.0 (just a good sub-code reader/writer combo; not as common as you might think though). However, dpm [B]is[/B] required for later releases.

How did you find out your version? Did you uninstall the game and reinstall it to find it? Or is there another method? Thank you.

It is written on the CD itself.

Oh, wow, thanks. I’m not at my desktop currently but I will check it out tomorrow, thanks again!

Hi, I checked it, it says version 1.00. Now how can I copy this disc?

Either CloneCD with the Lite-on Securom New profile that you can get here or alcohol with securom new (not securom new 4.x/5.x) datatype settings.
Note:

[ol]
[li]A good sub-code reader/writer combo is required .
[/li][li]If playing from a burner an atip hiding utility such as CloneCD’s Hide cdr media or alcohol’s Ignore media type is necessary (but not needed if you run the back-up copy from an ordinary cd/dvd rom).
[/li][/ol]

philamber, thank you SO much. I cannot thank you enough, now I have another copy because the other CD is very much scratched. Thanks again!

im in a wheel chair and i ran my warcraft 3 cd and scrached it up and its version 1.14 can i back it up?

im in a wheel chair and i ran my warcraft 3 cd and scrached it up and its version 1.14 can i back it up? i have alchol 120 do i need something else i tryed it on 120 but it didnt work someone help please

If it’s version 1.14 then the securom version will be 4.8x or higher.

See tutorial for back-up copies-

1. With RMPS emulation; or

2. Using twinsector patching (non-emulation).

thank you very very much how do you guys now that?

Copy Protection Identifying Guides and depending on which version your original disc is it switches between ‘two backup methods’. philamber mentioned two possibilities backing up your game.

p.s. You can also check www.portmac.com for a protection list.