Burning war3FT [newbie help please]

vbimport

i just purchased war3FT and I want to make a backup so I can keep the original safe, but i tried like 10 times trying to burn it and it didnt work.
i looked at alot of threads about burning it and im soo newbie at these kind of things i dont know how to create images not sure wut a tweak thing is and a bwa file. If anyone here nice enough to guide me through this giving me step by step i would be so grateful. thanks alot

Are you talking about WarCraft 3, The Frozen Throne expansion?
What’s so difficult about the procedures already desribed on the other fora?

Step by step guides-

1. With a plex premium..

Otherwise-

1. With emulation.

2. Without emulation.

hey can anyone out there who successfully burnt a copy of war3 FT please tell me wut programs they used and the steps they took to do it cause im really stuck and ive tried alot of times and it didnt work :frowning:

Edit:

It is not appreciated much if you create a new thread when there is already a thread from you about this issue (merged them). This is considered crossposting, for which you were already warned. If you show so little respect for CD Freaks by disrespecting our rules, why should we show you respect?

Three strikes and you’re out, please don’t let it come to that…

Da_Taxman

Both 2. and 3. in my post above have worked for me. :slight_smile:

hmmmz…
i gots a plexwriter 24x10x40 and pio DVR-110 16x multi, and I tried your method philamber. got a 100% BWA file from net. created the image with the latest BW5 and burnt it using BWTweaker at 4x and 10x on both the pio and the plex. it didnt work in either case. then i tried the latest clonecd + bwa + a-ray scanner, made image with game cd profile (not protected game cd), patched the image with the bwa, burnt at 4x and 10x on the 80min philips RW, but that didnt work either. now im ultra sad :((((
anything you can advise to help me out here? i know the plex aint supposed to handle the twinpeak thingy, but neither the pio? btw just cuz the plex cant read it, i can still use it to burn the twinpeak patched images, cant i???

^ When you say didn’t work, do you mean didn’t install or that it installed ok but didn’t run?

havent really tried to install, cuz it was already installed on my puter, but sure as hell didnt run. with blindwrite+bwa it went into a endless loop (title screen, plus pointer changed, but never progressed even after 90 mins), with clonecd + bwa + twinpeak, it took it about 20 secs to return the “this aint the original” error message. i just tried alcohol with securom new profile, patch image with BWA, then burn at 4x securom new profile in my pio to a CDRW, but again the game recognized this isnt the real thing :((((((

OMFG OMFG I did it!!! :smiley: The solution was to set the twin sector stepping to 50 and it works like a charm in my pio. So once again the method I used for all you peeps having trouble copying it:
Dump the image in ccd format with alcohol using setting securom new*, then get from internet or make the 100% bwa topology file, patch the ccd image with the a-ray scanner or twincreator setting sector stepping to 50, burn on a CDRW so as to make sure it really does work for you as well. I burnt a 12x 80’ Philips RW at 4x. Dunno if it installs as well, that ima try later, but it runs my installation with da latest patch (1.20d) from the original 100%

Some guy mentioned in another thread that only 50 seems to work for him. So credits go to the guys who put together the guides and this guy opening that particular thread. God bless ya all!

cheerz

tested with the plexwriter too, and although it takes it 3 times longer than for the pio, the game will still boot.

kkf, can you please explain to a newby in lamens:

“Dump the image in ccd format with alcohol using setting securom new*, then get from internet or make the 100% bwa topology file, patch the ccd image with the a-ray scanner or twincreator setting sector stepping to 50, burn on a CDRW so as to make sure it really does work for you as well. I burnt a 12x 80’ Philips RW at 4x. Dunno if it installs as well, that ima try later, but it runs my installation with da latest patch (1.20d) from the original 100%”

i also have a plextor 241040 so i am hoping to backup FT as well. i know how to make an image to my hardrive using alcohol, unsure about the second part. will this also work for ROC v1.14?