Burning Verbatim 4x DVD+R at 8x QUESTION

vbimport

I recently burned a few 4x Verbatim DVD+Rs at 8x speeds to see how the results were and some came out OK. Now my question is the “OK” part, I ran the first disk through nero’s cd-dvd speed scan disk (with only scan disk checked) to check for errors and it came back with a few red blocks near the end, I used a Sony DVD DDU1621 drive for that test. Then I ran the test again on the same disk but using my Plextor PX-708A, this time the test results came back 100% readable. Does this mean my disk is only readable on certain drives?

The second disk that I burned had a chunk of red blocks in the middle and near the end when I ran scan disk. Then I ran file test to check for file errors and results came back with 2 errors. Does this mean some files on the disk are corrupt and I should throw the disk away? I can rely only on scan disk to check for file readability?

Does this mean my disk is only readable on certain drives?

Probably, yes.

Does this mean some files on the disk are corrupt and I should throw the disk away?

Probably, yes.

If you only have the Plex for burners, then you cannot use any of the eror scanning tools, so your best options are the Scandisc test and the transfer rate test. Run both of them on any disc you wish to test, using the pickiest or fastest reader you have.

Thanks for the help!