Burning "TYG02" at 1x speed?

vbimport

hi there,

I’ve burned a lot of Verbatim Pastel “TYG01” 4X DVD-R at 1x speed on my DVR-108, to ensure the best burning quality.

I thought it was possible to burn any media at 1x speed, but it’s not quite the case :frowning:

I’ve got some “TTH01” here, and they refuse to burn at anything lower than 4X :frowning:

Does anyone know whether it’s possible to burn the Verbatim Pastel “TYG02” 8X DVD-R at 1x speed on a DVR-108(running fw 1.20) ?

Thanks in advance :bow:

There is no need to burn TYG02 at anything less than 8x (and the drive’s firmware won’t allow you to burn at less than 4x). The dye is optimized for that speed, and Pioneer burners have traditionally done very well at burning high quality DVD-R discs at their rated speeds, especially Taiyo Yuden media.

well the slower you burn, the longer it’s supposed to last ?!

I currently burn TYG01 at 1X speed, and I get 97/100 at the CDspeed quality test :iagree:

And of course, they play anywhere anytime :bigsmile:

“well the slower you burn, the longer it’s supposed to last ?!”
There is no evidence for this… usually the speed doesn’t matter because the dye was constructed for the speed the disc is certified for… so the disc can handle the higher speed and more powerful laser. Once the disc is burned the speed it was burned with doesn’t matter… the disc burned at 1x and the disc burned at 16x will deteriorate with the same speed.

“I currently burn TYG01 at 1X speed, and I get 97/100 at the CDspeed quality test”
I’ve burned a TYG02 at 16x with my Philips 1640P with a Quality score of 99/100 and PIF total of 34… so what’s your point ? =)

Currently the minimum recommended speed is 4x… it’s not recommended to go below this speed (for DVD±R 8x and 16x certified discs)

I get 98-99 quality score when I burn TYG01 at 8X. Most PC burner, lowest is 2.4X. If you want to burn at 1X, only home burner can burn 1X

:cool:

ok thanks for the infos, it was very helpful :smiley:

I’ve got some MAM-E DVD-R 8X “TTH01” here, and the PiPo results at 8X are better than 4X :

Pi Avg = 3
PO Avg = 2

Yeah, I really wish that people would quit spreading that outdated notion. If you have a late model burner with up to date firmware and you are using quality media, there is no reason to burn at less than the max rated speed. :wink:

well AFAIK, jitter-wise, u get better results when burning CDDA at 2x speed than anything else.

Of course it depends on the media, and whatever else.

Actually my Pi/Po results look better when I burn at the highest RATED speed. MAM-E 8X DVD-R “TTH01” and Verbatim 4X “TYG01” that is :iagree: