Burning tv programs from dvr to cd

vbimport

Hello, I am new here, and this may be a dumb question. We just subscribed to cable tv high def. Can I burn from a DVR to a CD? How do I do it:), if its possible. I know that the DVR stores programs in its memory. But I want to burn the program from either the DVR memory or from the TV. Any help, suggestion is appreciated.

I’m not real knowledgeable on the subject, but I have done some research, and it will come down to whether your cable company will allow you to transfer the files from the DVR to your computer. I believe that most cable companies have disabled all computer related outputs (USB, ethernet) on their boxes, which makes it virtually impossible. I know that my local cable company has disabled the outputs on my box.

On the other hand, TIVO, by virtue of their network hookup to get their programming, and their Desktop Server software, has provided a direct line to transfer files from the TIVO DVR to your computer and vice versa. On top of that, TIVO even recommends the purchase of Roxio Easy Media Creator software for burning your favorite TIVO recorded shows and movies to DVD. Just click on the link for EasyMedia Creator for PC in the software section of this page and it will take you to the Roxio website, or you could just click here which will take you directly there. TIVO’s recommendation of Roxio EasyMedia Creator is relatively new, as they used to recommend some other software, the name of which I don’t recall, but I do remember there were bad reports about its quality.

I hope this answers your question. Maybe others have more detailed information. Good luck.